Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Howe Lauded (Merged)

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
......articulate, tactically astute, and has developed an average lower league outfit into a reasonable championship side. Yes, I know they've spent some money, but Bournemouth are still punching well above their weight.

I'm quite happy with Oscar, but reckon Howe is one of the better managers in this division - wouldn't mind seeing him in the home dug out at The Amex one day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
he usually gets a dodgy refereeing decision to aid his team, when he plays against us. We beat him when he was at Burnley.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has got a hex on us for sure.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Eddie Howe; good manager and sound bloke

Always been impressed by how intelligent Howe is in how he sets his teams to play us and by his post match analysis too. Just listened to his analysis of today's game and he got it pretty spot on again. He's doing a good job with limited resources so fair play to him and Bournemouth.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bournemouth aren't anywhere as near as good as Brighton man for man, but the way they've closed us down at home and away has suggested Howe is a shrewd tactician who does his homework and can organise a team of OK players really well. Fair play to the guy.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Good manager but his teams always irritate me. Remember what Burnley were like under him and Bournemouth had that nasty edge to them in both matches this season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Probably is a good manager and a decent bloke but personally I irrationally can't stand him after this and previous Bournemouth/Burnley games. His sides are always dirty and cheating and for some reason he always gets the ref on his side.

Plus I hate all three of our 'south coast rivals' and he played for 2 of them and manages 1 so after Adkins he is my most loathed manager.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good manager but his teams always irritate me. Remember what Burnley were like under him and Bournemouth had that nasty edge to them in both matches this season.
Burnley were a particularly thuggish outfit when he was their manager , I admit we do the same sometimes in matches and it will be certain players doing it but not the whole team.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
So that didn't happen then? Bournemouth were good for the draw and we weren't unlucky to hit the woodwork 4 times?

I was referring more to the general reductionist slant of the post. Yes they rode their luck at times, but they also played some good football and made it very difficult for us to break them down. Most of that is credit to their manager, who also happens to be an intelligent and fair bloke. He'd make a good number 2 for Oscar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here