Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As the train pulled into Lewes on the way to the game, the poster opposite my window was for Stephen Ward the musical. If there had been a betting office at the Amex (as promised) I'd have put money on him scoring.

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
He was brilliant today- as he has been all season. Delighted he scored and that for once the sponsors chose the right MoM.

As the match sponsor today I appreciate your post, We got a bit of stick after the game because people thought he had be chosen because of the goal.
This was totally untrue as we had given it to him a good five minutes before he scored and I personally thought it was well deserved.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love him. Very very consistent every week and is getting more and more attack minded as the season goes on.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Love him. Very very consistent every week and is getting more and more attack minded as the season goes on.

This. I felt was a goal was due for him at some point. Some of the runs he has been on have been brilliant, just drifting through players.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just about. The number of Thumbs Down I've had on this subject, you'd think Stephen Ward was the f*cking footballing messiah or something. If so, heaven help us all. Jeez! :rolleyes:

The thing I like(d) about Ward was that he showed more passion last season as a loan player than many of the squad who are permanent. That counts for a lot in my book, plus as an all-round player (not just pure footballing talent), I even preferred him to Bridge.

I don't think he's the world's best left back or a "footballing messiah", but I was really impressed with him all season. :shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just about. The number of Thumbs Down I've had on this subject, you'd think Stephen Ward was the f*cking footballing messiah or something. If so, heaven help us all. Jeez! :rolleyes:

And yet you don't learn how wrong you are. Voted second best in our player of the season vote last year (with the winner having left now) and you wouldn't be happy if he's signs for us.

The fact that you think he's only "just about" better than Chicksen shows how little clue you have.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The thing I like(d) about Ward was that he showed more passion last season as a loan player than many of the squad who are permanent. That counts for a lot in my book, plus as an all-round player (not just pure footballing talent), I even preferred him to Bridge.

I don't think he's the world's best left back or a "footballing messiah", but I was really impressed with him all season. :shrug:

My player of the season FWIW for exactly those reasons, except I preferred Bridge (but only very marginally).

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London

No, but when he was not there at left back we often conceded goals from situations that we wouldn't have if hed been present, Derby in particular were beneficiaries of this in opening home game

He was a large part of our mean defence. He also had heart and spirit and it was no surprise it was he who dragged us level at Forest, you need some strong characters in your team who turn up when it matters , as we do have quite a few boys.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here