Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Worst game ever for us after the captaincy was taken away. It seems pretty obvious that he's going somewhere. He should have been the first one to be subbed today in my opinion.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
He had a poor game. Looked like he was pulling out of some tackles. I was Dissapointed today with him.

Last edited:

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
He wasn't at his best today but quite clearly tired after playing all our christmas games and travelling from blackpool and playing on Charlton's "glue" pitch,the man is not a robot and was obviously knackered!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He wasn't at his best today but quite clearly tired after playing all our christmas games and travelling from blackpool and playing on Charlton's "glue" pitch,the man is not a robot and was obviously knackered!!

He was pretty awful at Charlton he actually played better today

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Calderon is vice captain so he did not have it taken away as it was never his in the first place.

Bridders had the captaincy at Blackpool on Sunday. Why didn't Calde take it for that game?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Naylor tweeted it was an oversight. In other words Garcia and jones forgot (or did not know) that calde was vice captain.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The FA Cup tie may be a better indicator of who may be on the way out and who may not want to be cup tied? Incidentally, does a non-playing sub become cup tied?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The FA Cup tie may be a better indicator of who may be on the way out and who may not want to be cup tied? Incidentally, does a non-playing sub become cup tied?

Wound't expect to see Bridcutt, or a few others for that matter, against Reading. Played all the Xmas games and could do with a break. I doubt Ulloa, Ward and maybe even Upson will start for the same reasons

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I see that was true. I find that a bit more perplexing than today to be honest. Probably has a simple explanation though.

You may well be right, but it still gets tongues wagging and therefore creates a debatable point worth pointing out.
I think he'll be off as soon as a fee is agreed, which I also believe will be undisclosed which will make all the speculation of his worth totally irrelevent.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was the weakest of our midfielders today. I was surprised Crofts went off... Definitely not in the right frame of mind

Yep. Immense in his time with the Albion, but was the opposite today. He played awfully in every possible aspect of his game.

Sunderland are probably doomed IMO, so if he does want PL football and the money that comes with it, he should move to another PL club. In addition, Sunderland already have enough hardworking CM's.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Yep. Immense in his time with the Albion, but was the opposite today. He played awfully in every possible aspect of his game.

Sunderland are probably doomed IMO, so if he does want PL football and the money that comes with it, he should move to another PL club. In addition, Sunderland already have enough hardworking CM's.

We don't have any worth their salt. If Bridcutt is a good player we need him, and now. Our only midfielder who deserves to be called a footballer is Ki, and he doesn't belong to us, he's on loan from Swansea City. Poyet isn't exaggerating when he says we lack quality, he's putting it mildly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..........I think he'll be off as soon as a fee is agreed, which I also believe will be undisclosed which will make all the speculation of his worth totally irrelevent.
I'm pig-sick of 'undosclosed fees' - why can't the FA man-up and say, 'Right, if you want to register this transfer, you'll have to declare the fee paid and we will publish it - otherwise we won't register the transfer'?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bridcutt didnt have his best game today, but there a lot of misplaced passes today by others, not only Liam.
There was certainly a few 50/50 balls that he didnt make, but there was a few he went in for 100%
We sit in the stands and maybe dont appreciate how strong the wind was at pitch level, and also how heavy and slow the pitch was with all the recent rainfall.
The telling sign for me was at the end, as Liam walked around the pitch, clapping the stands, the big screen focused on him for a long time, as if it was a farewell sign.
I wish him well, he has been superb, but I hope we get 3.5/4 million, as IMHO he is worth it

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Don't make excuses for him. Every player was in the same boat as him regarding the Christmas period. He's just had a couple of games where he hasn't performed well, but hopefully this isn't unrest from a player who wants to leave. Lets hope we keep him until the summer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm pig-sick of 'undosclosed fees' - why can't the FA man-up and say, 'Right, if you want to register this transfer, you'll have to declare the fee paid and we will publish it - otherwise we won't register the transfer'?

Would you like your wages open to public view?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

It's TB that works like this. If a fee isn't kept private then he pretty much pulls out of deals. I have heard that this was the reason that Glenn Murray didn't return to us 18 months ago, due to the fact that CP wanted us to look daft by us paying the amount that TB was prepared to pay to get him back and therefore leaving TB and the club with egg on their faces by disclosing the amount. Tony told them to shove it. Glenn didn't play in their opening fixtures that season because he had thrown his toys out of the pram over it all. He then went on to have a great season for them up until he got injured, which I partly believe was his way of saying up yours to both clubs.
I may have got this totally wrong but I have no reason to doubt the person that told me all this info.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
He didnt play that badly today! Our recent shape and attacking transitional game has narrowed considerably,(trying to emulate Barcelona). This style only suits top players with ability to consistantly win the ball,beat players and then pass to players of similar ability ,awareness and movement in really tightly spaced areas.We dont have any capable of playing this way! Tactics, formation and shape are wrong at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here