Kusczack - 7 - a couple of important saves but his distribution let him down
Calderon - 6 - there was contact but it was never a penalty
Upson - 7 - solid
El Abd - 6 - very agricultural today
Ward - 8 - for once I agreed with the match sponsors
Bridcutt - 6 - a shadow of his former self
Ince - 7 - better than Bridcutt, but not by much
David - 6 - some exquisite passes but had little influence on the game overall
Lua Lua - 7 - frustrating performance, threw himself to the floor on far too many occaissions but he always looked a threat
Crofts - 5 - a peripheral figure
Ulloa - 5 - looked isolated and way off the pace

Barnes - 7 - made a huge difference
Orlandi - 7 - some exceptional balls into the box
Agustien - 5 - quiet

Lee camp was easily the MOM

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak - 5 - His distribution is absolutely horrendous. Kicked the ball out of play repeatedly
Calderon - 7 - A threat attacking-wise again, harshly punished for a great tackle
Upson - 7 - Very solid
El Abd - 7 - See. Upson
Ward - 8 - Got forward well, defended well, scored a deserved goal. Clear MoM
Bridcutt - 5 - Off the pace, mid elsewhere now
Ince - 6 - OK, but a little slow on the ball
David - 6 - Virtually no influence at all for long, long periods but flits in and out of games
Lua Lua - 7 - Could have scored twice but for Camp and the bar.
Crofts - 6 - Didn't notice him much
Ulloa - 6 - Clearly unfit still and lacking sharpness but massively isolated. Came alive once Barnes came on

Barnes - 7.5 - Should have started. Came on raring to go an was a constant threat.
Orlandi - 7 - Actually delivered the ball in the box with quality in contrast with Lopez and Lua Lua. Such a boost having him back
Agustien - 7 - Really influential too. Some lovely touches and some incisive passes that we desperate lacked up until that point.

The ref was a liability (again), Camp was excellent. That said, I think Oscar got the line-up wrong today. Barnes should have started in place of Dave and you cannot have Bridcutt, Ince and Croft starting at the same time at home. It leaves Ulloa completely isolated and leaves us completely devoid of any creativity today.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas - 7 - Played well, kicking a bit suspect
Calde -6- Whether was a penalty or not, didn't need to make that challenge
El - Abd - 6 Gets stuck in but is too slow
Upson -7- Solid performance, if he was out we would struggle
Ward -7- Right place right time for a scrappy goal
Bridcutt -6- Wasn't his best performance, hopefully turned some suitors away
Ince -6- Average , did his job
Crofts -7- Decent shot, has come on a lot this season
Dave -5- Didn't affect the game at all, set pieces poor
Lua Lua - 6- Frustrating, moments of brilliance but tried to take one touch too many sometimes , and his foul throw was stupid, was halfway on the pitch
Ulloa _ 7- had a couple of decent chances , on another day would have had a goal

Subs
Kemy -6- added a bit more creativity
Barnes -7- made a difference , won a lot of headers, would be gutted to see him go
Orlandi -7- his delivery was what we were missing all game,

Ps Who actually got man of the match ? Was it announced?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kooshack 7
Calderon 5
Ward 7
Upson 6
El abd 6
Bridcutt 6
Ince 6
Lopez 5
Lua lua 7
Ulloa 6
Crofts 5

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Thought Ince had a great game but happy that Ward got MOM as he's been consistently good recently. Barnes and Orlando should have come on a lot earlier.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A lot of average performances today, notably Bridcutt and Crofts. I also thought Ward's lack of forward movement hindered Lua Lua getting free more often. Ince played some nice football but seemed to struggle with the flight of the ball in the naff conditions. Ulloa was isolated in the second half. Barnes was fantastic when he came on as was Orlandi, he is such a beautiful player to watch. His range of deliveries will definitely lead to more goals from Ulloa and Barnes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Difficult one. Two points dropped and one point gained.

We could/should have been two or three up by the time Bournemouth scored their penalty. Ulloa made himself some excellent chances and got on the end of some well worked passes, but fluffed his chances. He should have done better with at least one.

I thought we were excellent in the first half for much of it. We couldn't get going for much of the second half as Howe had clearly instructed his players to press hard and high. I thought that Bridcutt was not doing his job (attacking wise) in the second half and left our defence at the mercy of lobbing balls up or limiting their options.

We looked a lot better when Barnes and Orlandi came on.

Great 60 minutes. Poor 30 minutes.

Tomas - 6
Calde -6
El - Abd - 5
Upson -7
Ward -7

Bridcutt - 5
Ince - 7
Crofts - 5
Dave - 6
Lua Lua - 7

Ulloa - 6

Subs
Kemy - 7
Barnes - 7
Orlandi - 7

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think I've seen us have so many goal scoring opportunities while not actually deserving a win. Sounds odd I know, but I think so many were off their game. We had a good first 20-25mins, then a good last ten, but were pretty uninspired for the rest of the game. We had no urgency, there was seemingly no creativity, struggled to get to the second ball. My mind boggles at how we can be so poor and yet still create as many chances as we did.

Kuszczak 5 - his distribution was awful, and if any of our other keepers had the same sort of handling there'd be talk of nerves and not being good enough
Calderon 6 - would maraud forward without really contributing significantly, leaving us exposed at the back. Never a penalty.
El abd 5.5 - struggled, but dogged
Upson 7 - strong performance
Ward 7 - showed desire for the goal. Came forward but got back.
Bridcutt 5.5 - off his game
Ince 6 - poor periods, good periods
Crofts 7 - seemed to work hardest to get the ball back
Lopez 6.5 - put in some good crosses that put ulloa in great positions, put in some other good crosses that needed our players to attack them, bit slow to react to things at times
Lualua 6.5 - he was in front of me for most of the second half, and he must have been tired because it seemed like he just didn't have his top speed today. Crosses still lack accuracy or composure. Come of good shots.
Ulloa 6 - should have scored a couple, in some great positions. Ridiculous dive in the first half.

Agustien 6 - game livened up with him and Barnes on, some good crosses
Barnes 6 - could have scored but for some reflex/luck for Camp (even the guy behind me who loves to criticise Barnes put his misses down to Bournemouth being lucky - a late Christmas miracle!)
Orlandi - not on long enough, but looked more up to it than on his last appearance.

It was so frustrating to see camp send his goal kicks almost inch perfect to the full backs wide on the halfway liner sty much every time he took a goal kick and it seem like none of our players cottoned on to it.

Also, the game seemed to pass by so slowly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak - 6 - nothing to do.
Calderon - 5 - just not good enough defensively
Ward - 8 - MoM
Upson - 7
AEA - 7 -
Crofts - 6 - worked hard
Bridcutt - 5 - not a premiership player on that performance
Lopez - 5 - just not good enough
Ince - 6 - hard working
KLL - 6 - fantastic effort at times, but tired with 20 mins to go. ?injured
Ulloa - 5 - worst game for us, if it had been Barnes missing those guilt edged chances, I bet NSC would have been in meltdown.

Barnes - 7 - changed the game
Orlandi - 7 - impressive cameo
Agustein - 6 - lovely cross with the outside of his foot, but little else of note.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
If anyone gives Lopez more than a 5 you are wrong...awful, cant cross, corners are poor and endlessly gave the ball away. Even the other players agreed...they stopped passing it to him.

Motm ward totally agree

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I must be missing something ... "cool dude" for sure but I've still seen nothing to make me want to see more at the expense of Crofts

No way.

So naturally talented its a joke. Best passer at the club.

Must have lost 10KG in the last two months too.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Kusczack - 7
Calderon - 7
Upson - 7
El Abd - 7
Ward - 7
Bridcutt - 6
Ince - 7
David - 6
Lua Lua - 7
Crofts - 6
Ulloa - 7 (unless you imagine he was Barnes and he gets a 1 for falling over in the box once, missing several chances including a one on one and also getting in the way of goal-bound shot)

Barnes - 7
Orlandi - 7
Agustien - 7

You've saved me typing it out. I agree with all those (and the comments)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kuszczak 6

Calderon 6
Upson 7
El-Abd 4
Ward 7

Ince 7
Bridcutt 4
Crofts 5

Lua Lua 7
Lopez 5

Ulloa 6

Subs:

Agustien 6
Barnes 7
Orlandi 7

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Tomas - 7

Calde -5 been really poor in last 2 games I've seems him(today and Charlton)
El - Abd - 5 same as above
Upson -8 solid as ****
Ward -8 quality player, been great all year.

Bridcutt - 5 poor, a couple of great balls but generally poor today.
Ince - 7.5 his strength is unreal, improving all time.
Crofts - 7 did nothing wrong, surprised his marked so low by some, made more runs than anyone.
Dave - 6 corners and freekicks are better than start of season
Lua Lua - 7 that shot was class, also made there keeper pull off a great save In first half.

Ulloa - 7 holds ball up well, bit weird seeing him so
Far wide at times

Subs
Kemy - 7 got real quality, hope he will come good
Barnes - 7
Orlandi - 7 the way he crosses a ball is beckham like

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Kusczack - 7
Calderon - 7
Upson - 7
El Abd - 7
Ward - 7
Bridcutt - 6
Ince - 7
David - 6
Lua Lua - 7
Crofts - 6
Ulloa - 7 (unless you imagine he was Barnes and he gets a 1 for falling over in the box once, missing several chances including a one on one and also getting in the way of goal-bound shot)

Barnes - 7
Orlandi - 7
Agustien - 7

That Barnes comment is nail on head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here