Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I missing something - re the penalty?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Anyone find a video of it?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
mrmagoo-718883.jpg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Standing in the north stand looked like an absolutely nailed on pen. Was pretty surprised when everyone seemed so outraged.....

It was never a penalty, even Eddie Howe said so himself. Most managers would throw the old "I missed it" or "It could've been given both ways", he made a point of agreeing the referee got it wrong which says it all.

It was a great challenge, and most around me thought he'd given the goal kick. Shocking decision.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
It was never a penalty, even Eddie Howe said so himself. Most managers would throw the old "I missed it" or "It could've been given both ways", he made a point of agreeing the referee got it wrong which says it all.

It was a great challenge, and most around me thought he'd given the goal kick. Shocking decision.

Fair enough!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Appalling decision from WSU as Calde clearly won the ball.

Referee was a grade one bellend.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
Sitting lower west incident happend right in front of us never a pen defender great tackle clearly won the ball,Pugh then dived, ref needs to go to specsavers

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not seen a replay yet but from my seat in WSU H block it liked a good challenge and a piss poor decision

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's a bit of a blur, so I'll need to check the replay later, but from where I was it looked like Calde's right foot only touched the ball, his left leg was on the floor and Pugh ran into him and that's what knocked him

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Calderon very clearly won the ball which was then rolling out of play by the time the Bournemoth player tripped over his leg. TV footage should prove conclusive. Would also have helped if a replay had been shown on the big screens immediately afterwards as this would have assisted in making the ref feel even more uncomfortable for what was a truly appalling decision.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They had a nailed on penalty turned down after half an hour.

Doesn't make it right, but a fact nonetheless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here