Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking Of Commuting To London Tomorrow ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a question for you. I need to get a refund on my Xmas eve ticket. The London-Gatwick ticket is for use on Southern or FCC. Which company do I approach for a refund? The Gatwick-Brighton leg is FCC only. I'm taking a guess that this latter ticket is FCC? Both tickets were purchased at Gatwick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a question for you. I need to get a refund on my Xmas eve ticket. The London-Gatwick ticket is for use on Southern or FCC. Which company do I approach for a refund? The Gatwick-Brighton leg is FCC only. I'm taking a guess that this latter ticket is FCC? Both tickets were purchased at Gatwick.

If you purchased them at Gatwick then you need to get a refund from Southern Railway who sold you the tickets, assuming you used either the Ticket Office there or a TVM ?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you purchased them at Gatwick then you need to get a refund from Southern Railway who sold you the tickets, assuming you used either the Ticket Office there or a TVM ?

It was the ticket office; a very helpful Polish lady. Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was the ticket office; a very helpful Polish lady. Thanks.

Assuming also it was the main one before you go down to the trains as opposed to the FCC one which was airside after you go through Passport Control ?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How long does the Brighton - Gatwick - East Grinstead - London route take from someone in the know?

I've got a train booked to back to Sheffield in the next couple of days and wondering how long to give myself to get to London.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Assuming also it was the main one before you go down to the trains as opposed to the FCC one which was airside after you go through Passport Control ?

Yes. It was the main one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes. It was the main one.

Need to go to Southern Railway and if purchased on a card they will want the card details to arrange the refund to that account.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How long does the Brighton - Gatwick - East Grinstead - London route take from someone in the know?

I've got a train booked to back to Sheffield in the next couple of days and wondering how long to give myself to get to London.

Around 2.5 hours however the main line should open tomorrow morning but not at all confident it will.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Need to go to Southern Railway and if purchased on a card they will want the card details to arrange the refund to that account.

I paid cash and still have the tickets but I don't have a receipt; do they give receipts for cash purchases or is the ticket the receipt? I am back in Germany now so I presume I can do this via the post? I will look this up on their website.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Around 2.5 hours however the main line should open tomorrow morning but not at all confident it will.

Great, ta!

Not heading back until at least the 3/4th so should all be fine by then in that case, fingers crossed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I paid cash and still have the tickets but I don't have a receipt; do they give receipts for cash purchases or is the ticket the receipt? I am back in Germany now so I presume I can do this via the post? I will look this up on their website.

Ticket is good enough as a receipt so just check the website but if you have time I would try and do it in person, surely you are back again in the the not too distant future and you may well have to do this within a month of purchase as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great, ta!

Not heading back until at least the 3/4th so should all be fine by then in that case, fingers crossed.

Keep checking the Southern Railway website for updates on the service

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ticket is good enough as a receipt so just check the website but if you have time I would try and do it in person, surely you are back again in the the not too distant future and you may well have to do this within a month of purchase as well.

Okay dokey.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will it be updated at 6am though when I am leaving for the station?

Just check live departures before you go to the station via their website.

That's what I always do.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I doubt it was the airside one, there's never anyone manning it!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Less £10 clerical fee for refunds of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here