Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dryathalon

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm toying with doing it this year, so far so good ! will decide today for sure but I do still have some lovely crimbo beers left.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I'm in. Did it last year along with giving up cheese, which by the way was much harder!

2014 is the year of pecs, abs and six pack after being told by my 4 year old girl over Christmas that I have milk makers like mum (who is breastfeeding our little boy at the moment). Beach body here I come. ...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No alcohol for a month? Is that it?

Don't get me wrong, it's a bloody brilliant cause and fair play to you for supporting it, it just seems to be a bit of a nothing 'challenge' unless you're someone with a bit of an alcohol problem.

:shrug:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008

Don't get me wrong, it's a bloody brilliant cause and fair play to you for supporting it, it just seems to be a bit of a nothing 'challenge' unless you're someone with a bit of an alcohol problem.

Maybe, but some folk make a big thing out of not bothering to shave their top lip for a month, and demand sponsorship

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It is quite a challenge if you have even an average social life. Alcohol is heavily linked to almost all events and to carry on for a month without a sniff of a drink will involve some tough restraint. More people are in a situation of being unable to remember the last time they went a week without a drink rather than a week when they had a drink.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It is quite a challenge if you have even an average social life. Alcohol is heavily linked to almost all events and to carry on for a month without a sniff of a drink will involve some tough restraint. More people are in a situation of being unable to remember the last time they went a week without a drink rather than a week when they had a drink.

It was very easy to have a week or so off the sauce when I worked offshore as all North Sea Installations are 'Dry'.

The first night back onshore usually made up for it!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think you're missing the point. Janee hasn't suggested it's a challenge; it's just something she is doing to raise money. Do you also question tin-rattlers over the fact they're standing on the pavement rattling tins and not scaling Everest?

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

I agree, especially at this time of year when the days are short and it's usually raining! Alcohol plays a massive part in my life, it has been years since I went just a week without a drink, yet alone a month!!!

Anyone who knows me would agree that it would be a Herculean effort on my behalf.

One of this years resolutions is to drink just twice a week this year, one midweek (tues or weds) and a Friday, but not if I'm going to a game on a Saturday, otherwise it will be a Saturday drink.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think you're missing the point. Janee hasn't suggested it's a challenge; it's just something she is doing to raise money. Do you also question tin-rattlers over the fact they're not scaling Everest?

I'm not knocking her efforts in the slightest, and I hope she raises a huge amount for a great cause.

People on here do seem to get VERY sensitive where alcohol is concerned....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Makes me laugh people raising money for giving up drinking. It doesn't matter how good the cause, there's just something not right about linking it to fundraising imho. Many people do Sober September or Dry January without it being anything more than a private affair that deserves no particular noise being made around it. Sorry.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not knocking her efforts in the slightest, and I hope she raises a huge amount for a great cause.

Im not feeling or seeing any "VERY sensitive" tone. You are blowing Janee's fund raiser out of proportion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting back to the original post I have sponsored you. Good luck and ignore the miserable *******s on here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Its also raising awareness, alcohol can be a contributing factor in many cancers.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think the stadium caterers are sponsoring this judging by how hard it is to get beers in bars at the end of the game.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land

Yes I think you've got it. Let's say this is my personal equivalent of running a marathon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here