Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley face competition from Wolves for Ashley Barnes

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I can see Wolves offering him more money even though they are in League 1.

And the chances are they won't still be in League 1 next season. The questions Ash has got to come up with an answer to are 'will Oscar see me as more than a bench player once CMS is fit and available?' and 'Are Wolves on a more reliable upwards trajectory than the Albion?'

To me, he's done a decent job this season and is worth keeping, if they can come up with a contract he and the club can agree to. His goals to games ratio since he's been with us is still respectable, even though many here doubt he is higher than Championship level.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And the chances are they won't still be in League 1 next season. The questions Ash has got to come up with an answer to are 'will Oscar see me as more than a bench player once CMS is fit and available?' and 'Are Wolves on a more reliable upwards trajectory than the Albion?'

If I were him I'd also be asking "Is it worth staying at the Albion where so many idiots get on my back ?".

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If I were him I'd also be asking "Is it worth staying at the Albion where so many idiots get on my back ?".

True. Though on here these days he seems to have many more supporters than knockers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wolves could be a very smart move for Barnes. It's pretty nailed on that they are going up, Barnes could pitch up and bag a load of goals and would instantly be very popular. A fresh start without the usual haters

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I certainly would think that way in his position, but to give the guy his credit he never seems to let criticism or the occasional bad miss/bad performance dent his confidence. Actually that's one of the things I most admire about him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Out of contract in the Summer so will sell for very little. But that's only if we choose to sell him. And why would we? He's far more valuable to us for the next few months than half a mill in the bank.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Out of contract in the Summer so will sell for very little. But that's only if we choose to sell him. And why would we? He's far more valuable to us for the next few months than half a mill in the bank.

What if that 1/2 million enables us the keep Rohan Ince and stay within FFP ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves could be a very smart move for Barnes. It's pretty nailed on that they are going up, Barnes could pitch up and bag a load of goals and would instantly be very popular. A fresh start without the usual haters

or he could pitch up ..not score and become unpopular..i don't think that sort of thing will enter his head when making a decision

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We can sell Bridcutt and play Ince/Andrews.

We can sell Buckley and play LuaLua/SD/Conway (?)

We sell Barnes we have no cover until February (if all goes well this time for CMS).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We can sell Bridcutt and play Ince/Andrews.

We can sell Buckley and play LuaLua/SD/Conway (?)

We sell Barnes we have no cover until February (if all goes well this time for CMS).

and no ones made an offer anyway...1st day of 'window' these rumours will continue column inches to fill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here