New Years resolution?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lose weight again, and try and get to see more bands...like in my yoof

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Back up in to and earlier than 1998 when I was a young'un (19) I always broke my resolutions within a week but in 1998 I had an epiphany and that was to make no more New Year Resolutions. And I had stuck religiously to that until tonight....

But 2014 should hopefully bring me first born child so now I have made a solemn promise to my unborn child that I will do whatever it takes to make his/her life just as enjoyable and fun as my father gave me.

And I think I've let myself in for a tough time providing it, but my god I am going to enjoy and love every god given minute of it :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None really bar the kids get to their dreams with exams and being abroad

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lose enough weight to necessitate buying a new suit and get a bit fitter in the process.
That means pretty much giving up alcohol and bread, two of my favorite things.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
- Spend less time at my computer
- pass more, shoot less and track back playing 5 a side
- play less football manager and paint and write more
- surf more often

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Learn how to do cryptic crosswords.

Could I suggest you start with choosing a single compiler? While some of the general "rules" apply across all cryptic crosswords, there are two big problems: 1) it's only some of the rules that are consistently applied, 2) every compiler interprets the rules differently. Learn how one compiler's mind works - that will help enormously if/when you move on to others.

My resolution? Provide un-requested assistance wherever possible...

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something I'm sure you'll all get behind - Post less.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
First up i need to squirt out the last of the wet plop i have inside me thanks to an overeating farewell to 2013, and then off for a sly 6 mile run. I have learned on a few occasions how important it is not to have a bulging bowel when off out for a run as about 40 minutes in that vast ploppage wants to unstoppably let itself be seen. Walking for a mile at a snail's pace to keep the monster in its hole has been an embarrassment once or twice on days i've set off without my oyster card or cash.
I'll cut down on the decaf coffee, which doesn't mean having caffeinated everythings as an alternative, and rid myself of loaves of bread for a month. A bad but blissful dream of mine would be to date a doughy woman i could plunge into a kiln one morning and sit and watch her bake whilst i notice my fingers are made of butter and will soon melt into her arms as i bite through her tasty toasted Marmite-spattered face. So, bread is off the cards for a spell.
Mostly, though, i need to combat the cowardice that tends to answer all my questions of what to do next. Just keep quiet and stay as you are, it says to me. You know it'll all go dramatically wrong, Meade, so hide away under your covers and prattle for attention at an unseen distance. HUSH FOUL UNBRAVE ME, i need to shout, and there's no time like the present to begin. Although the quivering in my tummy has begun, and not all thanks to the wet stew soon to unleash itself. So an email will be sent to a piano tutor i'd like to take lessons from and ideally the anxiety will be gradually quelled. Here's to a less wound up and mellifluous me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here