Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV chefs

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Do you ever use any of their recipes, enjoy watching their programmes, and who do you consider to be the best?

For me, Rick Stein is my favourite. I love watching any of his programmes, and having visited his various eateries in Cornwall it's cool to see some of those places again. Plus I love fish.
image.jpg

Anything Jamie Oliver does annoys the crap out of me. Never been to his Brighton restaurant, and it doesn't particularly appeal.

Do you ever use any of their recipes, enjoy watching their programmes, and who do you consider to be the best?

For me, Rick Stein is my favourite. I love watching any of his programmes, and having visited his various eateries in Cornwall it's cool to see some of those places again. Plus I love fish.
View attachment 49853

Anything Jamie Oliver does annoys the crap out of me. Never been to his Brighton restaurant, and it doesn't particularly appeal.

:facepalm: ALWAYS THOUGHT WELL OF FANNY TBH???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
He's not fashionable any more and many recipes are a bit fussy to prepare but Gary Rhodes is top banana in my book.

Mrs Jakarta has recently been doing some Nigel Slater stuff which has also been lovely.

Have to agree that Rick Stein is your man for fish but if you can remember far back enough Sophie Grigson was your woman!

I do love my food. :drool:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
yeah go along with you there Rick Stein is head & shoulders above all the current crop

but Keith Floyd was KING

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Kerridge is good, he's got the energy and passion of Jamie Oliver without jizzing all over his food with excitement just because he's grown some dill in his garden and sprinkled it over his potato salad.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've used a couple of Gary Rhodes recipes, a couple of Ching-He Huang recipes, and a couple of matt Preston's cheats recipes (banana ice cream, baked bean soup)

I've also copied techniques, such as triple cooked chips that are absolutely delicious.

But I'm not sure I have a particular favourite tv chef. Tend to like most of them. Even those that are often ridiculed, such as Jamie or guy fieri.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They all have their pro's and con's but Rick Stein seems a genuinely nice bloke with good recipes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stein must be the Daddy for fish but I find his style of presentation rather like being lectured to.

Slater presents very well, Oliver is a **** and over-exposed, one of my favourites is Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for factual content and good presenting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stein must be the Daddy for fish but I find his style of presentation rather like being lectured to.

Slater presents very well, Oliver is a **** and over-exposed, one of my favourites is Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for factual content and good presenting.

Yes, forgot Hugh, he does care about using good ingredients and not wasting anything, plus his Beetroot Brownies are a staple during summer in my house.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'll chuck in Marcus Wareing and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Quite like Jamie Oliver's food, but can't stand him as a presenter. And the pretentious way he presents his food annoys me. He is solely responsible for half the restaurants in this country serving food on planks of wood instead of plates.

Massive twunt, but tasty food.

Jul 7, 2003
Have used a very of Tom Kerridge's recipes recently that are very good but easy to follow. Although not a big name, Simon Rimmer also has some really good recipes to follow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quite like Jamie Oliver's food, but can't stand him as a presenter. And the pretentious way he presents his food annoys me. He is solely responsible for half the restaurants in this country serving food on planks of wood instead of plates.

Massive twunt, but tasty food.

My eccentric mad mother laughs like a drain when she see's people on Come Dine With Me serve food on square plates, it's all relative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here