Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I genuinely believe that if we can sell Liam Bridcutt for £4-5m....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And use the money to purchase;

1 winger
1 attacking midfielder
1 centre back

We will have a far better chance of promotion as the squad will be stronger overall.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What is the need to sign a centre back?
For attacking midfielder - see Ryan Harley
Agree on winger point but Conway will do the job. The 'room in the budget' line is a smokescreen. We're sending Lita back which will free up wages.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Ince replaces Bridcutt, so anything we buy with the money has to be an improvement.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
Has he not already been replaced by Ince - it's just in the raw state at the moment and needs nurturing
If moulded right he will be bigger and better than Liam, but this needs to be done over time and is not a 5 minute makeover

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What is the need to sign a centre back?
For attacking midfielder - see Ryan Harley
Agree on winger point but Conway will do the job. The 'room in the budget' line is a smokescreen. We're sending Lita back which will free up wages.

For me El-Abd's performances over the last 3 games have been poor and it's shown him up for what he is, a good League 1 centre back. Don't get me wrong his loyalty and commitment can never be doubted but in the situation where Greer or Upson are injured we need better cover. Arguably a quality CB signing alongside Upson would then make Greer the back up option.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ince replaces Bridcutt, so anything we buy with the money has to be an improvement.

Has he not already been replaced by Ince - it's just in the raw state at the moment and needs nurturing
If moulded right ahe will be bigger and better than Liam

No pressure then!

Ince is not a direct replacement for Liam. He's a centre-back conversion into a driving midfielder. Not Liam.
People think we won't suffer if Liam goes this Jan?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If moulded right ahe will be bigger and better than Liam

Very much this.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For me El-Abd's performances over the last 3 games have been poor and it's shown him up for what he is, a good League 1 centre back.

Charlton wasn't great admitedly, but we've kept clean sheets in the other two games. I'm surprised you don't think he's good enough for this level.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No pressure then!

Ince is not a direct replacement for Liam. He's a centre-back conversion into a driving midfielder. Not Liam.

No one is doubting his class, however for me you can play Ince and crofts sitting with Lua Lua and Conway on the wings, Orlandi in the advanced playmaker role with Ulloa up top. The money in will secure Conway, a quality CB alongside Upson (quite probably Spanish) and maybe even a quality utility full back who can play either side.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
No pressure then!

As our style ofplay has changed / changing I think going forward this will suit Ince better
I appreciate that they are both different types of players - but they both have the same talent as ball winers and playmakers

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And use the money to purchase;

1 winger
1 attacking midfielder
1 centre back

We will have a far better chance of promotion as the squad will be stronger overall.

I agree entirely. I think Ince is a magnificent prospect in that role and Andrews is an able back up. If Bridcutt wants to leave and Gus is willing to pay that amount, then I think we need to take it.

Personally, I think he would make a mistake going to Sunderland, they'll be a Championship team in 2014 again anyway and he'll be back at square one (albeit with more money). He'd be better off showing more ambition and patience and going to a better club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No one is doubting his class, however for me you can play Ince and crofts sitting with Lua Lua and Conway on the wings, Orlandi in the advanced playmaker role with Ulloa up top. The money in will secure Conway, a quality CB alongside Upson (quite probably Spanish) and maybe even a quality utility full back who can play either side.

Sounds a decent midfield, but two of those are injury-prone and I feel we'd lose a lot of both Crofts & Ince's games if we had both (or either) sitting.
Seems like I'm in a minority of one, but I feel this squad is strong enough as is to go up. Wouldn't want to break that up by removing the player of the season for the last two years. Of course, if offered stupid money then we will.

Last point. I don't know how much Liam's on per week but I doubt his wages could cover three new players unless they were pretty young/inexperienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here