CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Great design

image.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I still think it's weird that they seem to be celebrating the START of the war.

Commemorating rather than celebrating?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's hard to see an argument against plastic notes and this journalist doesn't seem to have one. Poor show from the Independent.

Maybe Egypt and a few other Middle East countries should switch to plastic money considering they stuff their paper money down the front of their underwear. At least tourists could clean all money they receive...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm just looking forward to the 1p and 2p to go the way of the 1/2p.

The 5p is the equivilent to the old 1/2p.

1/2p ? I'm still smarting over the scrapping of the ha'penny.
And I'd still like to get my hands around some threepenny bits.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm as patriotic as the next man (or probably more than some round here), but i find this a bit off. Its not really a war to celebrate, or commemorate for that matter, it was a pretty meaningless waste of a generation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just looking forward to the 1p and 2p to go the way of the 1/2p.

The 5p is the equivilent to the old 1/2p.

The penny is purely symbolic now anyway, even a penny sweet costs more than that these days.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
i'm as patriotic as the next man (or probably more than some round here), but i find this a bit off. Its not really a war to celebrate, or commemorate for that matter, it was a pretty meaningless waste of a generation.

Pathetic post, I guess none of your relatives were 'patriotic' and died saving us from the Germans then,... What did they do during the War?

The Kitchener coin is superb and a great tribute to those brave souls that gave their lives for us

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's hard to see an argument against plastic notes and this journalist doesn't seem to have one. Poor show from the Independent.

First sight of plastic notes earlier this year in Toronto and very impressed as well and easy to handle and count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here