Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Integrated Community Equipment Service outsourcing

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
I've decided to repost this as I understand that I may not have made a good first impression on NSC. A friend of mine recommended this site to me as an excellent way of informing people about things that are going on in our community. I also understand that not all of you will have heard of us or used the service before. My only intention is to let people know that Brighton and Hove City Council are proposing to outsource this vital and brilliant service, and that we are trying to get 1500 signatures to present to the coucillors so that they might reconsider. I know it's difficult to get people to sign something for a service that they have not heard about. The chances are, that one day, many of you or someone you care about, will need this service.

If you, or anyone you know, has ever received equipment from the Integrated Community Equipment Service, and believe that services like this should remain public and not about profit, please take a moment to sign this online petition to oppose the proposals to privatise it.

We deliver equipment to patients in their home, so that they can stay out of hospital beds and spend precious time with their families, when they are vulnerable and poorly.

We believe that a proposal to outsource the integrated community equipment store within Brighton & Hove City Council is fundamentally wrong. Council-run services are the best due to the commitment and training of committed staff who work within the service. The service deals with some extremely vulnerable people in the community and profit should not be the motivation of such a service. We therefore call upon Brighton and Hove city Councillors to reject this proposal and retain in-house services for both the interests of those vulnerable service users and staff alike.

http://www.petitions24.com/ices_outsourcing

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sorry but it's far too simple to say that outsourcing is "fundamentally wrong". I've seen many a council / government outsource contract work and I have seen many fail. I've also seen many inefficiencies and wasted money when councils / government run services.

What are the savings the council are hoping of making by doing this ?
Who is the outsourcer ?
What standards is the the outsourcer going to be measured against ?

There's far too little information in your post to make a considered opinion as to whether this is a bad thing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Signed from your previous thread.

Sorry you fell foul of some typical NSC cynics & jokers last time; good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here