Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which manager would you want to tie your long term future too?

Which manager would you want to tie your long term future too?

• Oscar Garcia

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • What about the children!!!

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming of course you're a professional soccerballist.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Garcia. Nothing to do with talent, but if I signed for Gus I think he is more likely to throw his toys of out his pram, bugger off somewhere else and leave me behind.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Garcia. Nothing to do with talent, but if I signed for Gus I think he is more likely to throw his toys of out his pram, bugger off somewhere else and leave me behind.

Think the players in Tel Aviv might have something to say about that...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Managers are all just passing through, so voted for the children, but give me a manager that manages to go about his business with a modicum of respect for the fans over a shameless self-serving media whore any day of any year.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Gus has very nearly got himself a seat at the top table. Gravy train city Arizona.

He'll definitely not be leaving the Premier League when he's fully accepted, (this time next year if Blunderland are doing well enough).

Oscar will be off at some point, and probably somewhere big.

Dec 29, 2011
What an odd poll. I'd tie my future to the manager whose club will give me the biggest salary. If you're in anyway insinuating plays will/won't move because they'd rather play under Poyet/Garcia it's not a big enough deciding factor compared to the status and wage increase a player gets from playing in the Premier League compared to the Championship

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
They are both highly competent men although Gus needs to grow up. My suspicion (this may come back to haunt me) is that most Albion fans will look back on Oscar's reign with gratitude - which will mean that he has done well - but also that he will acted in the club's best interests throughout his tenure rather than his own

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What an odd poll. I'd tie my future to the manager whose club will give me the biggest salary. If you're in anyway insinuating plays will/won't move because they'd rather play under Poyet/Garcia it's not a big enough deciding factor compared to the status and wage increase a player gets from playing in the Premier League compared to the Championship
Not quite what I'm implying.

I called shotgun in the OsCAR, after day 2 I was all in, nobody was after the Derby game.
But as above I think the smart money should be shacking up with Gus, because he may well end up being coveted through the Premier League.
But I think Oscar will go further in football management.

Tough call.

Who was the player Peter Taylor always signed?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But Gus has very nearly got himself a seat at the top table. Gravy train city Arizona.

He'll definitely not be leaving the Premier League when he's fully accepted, (this time next year if Blunderland are doing well enough).

GP will doubtless join that elite band of serial losers that always fall into a job without actually ever achieving very much. Must talk a REALLY good game at shortlist job interview stage, as opposed to sending out a side to play a really good game. Think Dave Jones, Mark Hughes, Big Sam, 'Umble 'Arry, Mr Blobby Bruce. Avram Grant FFS. Reckon its a Masonic thing meself. Struggling to come up with any other explanation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Martinez.

By a million miles

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GP will doubtless join that elite band of serial losers that always fall into a job without actually achieving very much. Must talk a REALLY good game at shortlist job interview stage, as opposed to sending out a side to play a really good game. Think Dave Jones, Mark Hughes, Big Sam, 'Umble 'Arry, Mr Blobby Bruce. Avram Grant FFS. Reckon its a Masonic thing meself. struggling to come up with any other explanation.
Yeah and imagine you were a promising holding midfielder that Mark Hughes took a shine too.

How many transfers? How many pay rises?

Ok so you'd dip out on win bonuses :lol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You do know the difference between too and to....there's even two ffs.

Oscar Garcia....no shadow of a doubt...

Not sure what poll is all about...

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Not quite what I'm implying.

I called shotgun in the OsCAR, after day 2 I was all in, nobody was after the Derby game.
But as above I think the smart money should be shacking up with Gus, because he may well end up being coveted through the Premier League.
But I think Oscar will go further in football management.

Tough call.

Who was the player Peter Taylor always signed?

Junior Lewis wasn't it?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do know the difference between too and to....there's even two ffs.
Clearly not, and that's really unfair.

I know my your from you're.
There, their and they're, is a stroll in the park.
I've even learnt how to spell definitely, because of NSC.

But I still have a cavalier attitude towards the extra 'o' in to, sometimes I just can't help myself.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don't see it as real competition between the two managers but rather between the two clubs those managers are currently employed by.

Anyone who has voted for OG are deluding themselves - how many on here really would, were they a player in demand from both clubs, choose a lower salary with BHAFC and the limited exposure offered by the Champuionship against the higher salary and Premier League exposure with SAFC.

With regards to the individual club prospects the old saying of "a bird in the hand" comes into play - it is far harder to get out of the Championship than it is to avoid relegation from the EPL.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OG for me. Based on character rather than talent.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gus, although a talented manager, has proven that he likes to throw his toys out of the pram a lot - as well as go on about wanting to manage Chelsea or Spurs.

Oscar hasnt done any of this (yet), but for all we know - he could. Seems a lot more reserved though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here