Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
£1m for Buckley. We'll gift wrap him for that.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I can't understand why Bridders seems to be attracting such derisory offers. Surely he's worth at least £5m with his age, contract length and obvious talent taken into consideration? Will be seriously pissed off if the club accept anything south of £4m certainly.

And Buckley being out for four weeks now makes me think this article is balls. Poyet has said he wants players who can hit the ground running, quite literally!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
And still the BBC runs with the theory that Gus doesn't have big money to spend.

I don't think he does. This isn't big money in premier league terms is it? Not even for a team stuck at the bottom. He clearly thinks he can get Liam on the cheap (perhaps privy to internal conversations about prices we'd be likely to accept?).

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I don't think he does. This isn't big money in premier league terms is it? Not even for a team stuck at the bottom. He clearly thinks he can get Liam on the cheap (perhaps privy to internal conversations about prices we'd be likely to accept?).

Get liam on the cheap - so you think Gus thinks he can get mates rates for one of our star players - have you been on the sauce already !

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
More paper talk that means nothing - these journo's have feck all to write about so regurgitate a virtual non-story to fill their respective rags!
Bloom isn't going to accept £2.5million for Bridcutt after all thats gone on!
We had all this exactly a year ago and not a single concrete offer came in - I guarantee Bridcutt will be here as the window closes!!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Get liam on the cheap - so you think Gus thinks he can get mates rates for one of our star players - have you been on the sauce already !

At what point did I say that?! I said Gus clearly thinks he has a chance of getting him on the cheap - which £2.5m is. My point was that he must have more inside info than Joe Bloggs when it comes to the valuation that the club have on Liam. That is all!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can't understand why Bridders seems to be attracting such derisory offers. Surely he's worth at least £5m with his age, contract length and obvious talent taken into consideration? Will be seriously pissed off if the club accept anything south of £4m certainly.

...because PL clubs are still not convinced he will be the real deal at that level.
I am struggling to find three clubs that will finish below Sunderland and the bookies still have them in the bottom three and going down. Bridders may be tempted by more money but he won't fancy it geographically. It would be a real gamble for him, leaving a club with prospects of a promotion challenge ( where he is a folk hero ) to join a club who could easily be back in the Championship next season.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Gus & Sunderland football club are piss taking wan*ers. That is an insult to the level that Moyes insulted Everton with a derisory bid.

Bridcutt is clearly worth 4-5 million, the player of the season 2 years in a row and one of the hottest properties outside the Prem.

6 Million for the two or **** off!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
£1m for Buckley sounds a good deal at the moment. He is having an average season with ongoing injury problems. The question is could we get a replacement - presumably Conway. You would hope if Bridcutt does go it is to a club with a least a reasonable chance of giving him a sustained run in the PL eg a WBA or similar.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
At what point did I say that?! I said Gus clearly thinks he has a chance of getting him on the cheap - which £2.5m is. My point was that he must have more inside info than Joe Bloggs when it comes to the valuation that the club have on Liam. That is all!

Muchos gracias for your elucidation - but I still don't agree that Gus knows what club really thinks, relations broke down long before he went and I simply do not believe the club has such a low valuation on liam - so either you have taken leave of your senses or you have had a tipple already ...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There are plenty of mid-lower table PL clubs keeping tabs on Bridcutt. They wouldn't stand by and see he picked up for a bargain without attempting to outbid.

Aug 23, 2011

Ignoring the fact that these stories are rife at this time of year, and i'm not defending Poyet here however it is unlikely he has much say on how much the clubs bid/pay for players. Additionally why would clubs start at a high price if they think less will work? How many people on here have put cheeky low bids in on houses and then happily surprised when they are accepted? Its the way business works and we may not like it but that's why clubs employ negotiators to get the best deal

Peteinblack

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Surely you always start with a low bid, in the full expectation that you will have to raise it.

I'm sure that Gus 'the ego has landed' Poyet knows that this bid will be immediately rejected, and that this is merely the opening salvo in a series of bids until a compromise is reached between what Sunderland are actually prepared/able to pay, and we are willing to sell for - if we are willing to sell anyway.

Personally, if we are going to sell Liam, I would rather it was to anyone other than Sunderland (or Palarse).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here