Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] In this Edition of Award Winning Seagull

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
In tomorrow’s 84-page Seagull, cover star Ashley Barnes reflects on Albion’s last outing against Bournemouth in November and that goal.*
“It’s the best goal I’ve scored in my career, without a doubt,” he tells us. “I haven’t caught anything as sweet as that in a game before.”
We catch up with two former Seagulls hoping to appear in the Cherries line-up, namely Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook.
Both are looking forward to their return, with Tommy aiming to make his long-awaited bow at the Amex – albeit in red and black rather than blue and white.*
“Having been with the club since a kid, as we went through all the struggles, the dream was always to run out at the new stadium at Falmer,” he tells us. “Hopefully I will now have the chance.”
“The Amex is one of the best stadiums in the country, the team was establishing itself in the Championship and there was a new training ground on the way,” adds Cookie, who speaks in depth of his dilemma when Bournemouth came calling at the start of last season.
Meanwhile, Jake Forster-Caskey looks back on a game to remember against Southampton. “To score in front of a full house at the Amex was just amazing. I can’t explain the rush,” he says of the first game in 2012, just one highlight of his career in pictures.
The Porsche Player of the Month is revealed, we also look back at the highlights of 2013, while Adam El-Abd’s Greatest Game is not a match you’d expect.
“I thought I was going to need an oxygen tank and a stretcher ready to carry me off! I knew I was going to be in pieces with 11 men, never mind nine!” he reveals of the game at the Amex in 2011.
Alan Mullery looks back on New Year’s Days past, the curfews imposed and drinking culture that used to exist in the game, in his latest column. “Here was a team that won the league a couple of times, won domestic cups, and did well in Europe. How they managed to play, I just don’t know.”*
Just who could he be talking about? Discover this and more in your award-winning Seagull, priced at £3.50 at programme outlets in and around the Amex Stadium tomorrow.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here