[Official Site] Albion Duo in England Colleges Squad

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
owen-l229-1265633_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:52 30th December 2013
by James Hilsum
We will be playing with people from completely different backgrounds, so it will be a great new experience."
Charlotte Owen
Albion women players Charlotte Owen and Isabelle Burt have been called up to the England Colleges under-19 squad for the 2014 season.
The Worthing College students were thrilled to make the final squad, which is comprised of girls in further education teams from around the country after a gruelling selection process.
Burt told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m very happy because it’s my second year of getting through to the final squad and the competition was quite hard this year.
“The first camp was fine because it was only a regional one, but in the second one we had to play quite a lot of football against girls from different parts of the country, and the overall quality was much better than last year.”
The first match for the squad takes place against an Australia Schools team next month, followed by games with Bristol Academy and Doncaster Belles in the build-up to a tour of Estonia in May.
It is the first time Owen has been selected and she is looking forward to the exciting new challenge ahead.
She said, “I am going to be playing a different style of football under a new coach, so I will have to adapt a lot and learn quite quickly in the process.
“We will be playing with people from completely different backgrounds, so it will be a great new experience.
“It’s was even more pleasing, as myself and Izzy were going into the trials as underdogs.
“Some of the scouts knew the players from the north better, so it was worrying whether or not they were going to take notice of new people or stick with what they already know.”
The match against Australia takes place on 20th January at Sutton Coldfield Town FC.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here