Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First trip Home, a little advice.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Hi Guys,
I don't post on here a huge a amount but thought this would be the best place to seek advice.

On 22nd February I will be taking my first trip to the Amex...at last! Living in Lincolnshire its not been financially viable until recently so its been away games only for a few years but now I'm finally going to go :)

I'll be coming down on the Friday afternoon with my girlfriend and looking at staying in a B&B/Hotel for 2 nights with the game on the Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

So the advice I would like is....

1.) Any suggestions on where to stay?
2.) On the Saturday would I be best driving to a park and ride or getting the train from Brighton Station to the game?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about you check out the Premier Inn or look on LastMinute.com?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford

I've already had a brief look at similar websites but since none of my family have lived in Sussex for 15 years I thought that a little up to date local knowledge would be useful :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What is your budget? Would you be going up-market or are you on a tight budget?
What type of food do you like?
Lively evening or quite pub?
Site seeing or shopping?
This would help us to help you tailor your stay.

I sometimes stay at the Travelodge on the seafront, good during the week but too bloody noisy for me at the weekend. If you're into clubbing it would be worth considering.

Premier Inn in North Street is fine, I stayed there last time. Or there's a newly-opened Ibis next to the Station.

But all these are going to be an issue if you are driving, so may be better to stay out of town somewhere.

And definitely bus or train to the stadium if you do stay in Brighton, otherwise park and ride or train if you stay in Worthing, or Lewes, or somewhere like that.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

You are a sarcastic f**k pig sometimes.
The chap wants a bit of advice and you come up with a typically shitty response.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One consideration you may not have had is what to do with your car if, as it seems, you are driving down. Parking in Brighton for a whole weekend can cost a fair bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One consideration you may not have had is what to do with your car if, as it seems, you are driving down. Parking in Brighton for a whole weekend can cost a fair bit.

Very good point you can do Jury Inn for £155 for two nights as a "special" so not sure if that includes parking / breakfast

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If you are driving and staying in Brighton then consider parking around Portslade Station and getting a train into town. Six minutes and a lot cheaper than 24 + hours of parking.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hi Guys,
I don't post on here a huge a amount but thought this would be the best place to seek advice.

On 22nd February I will be taking my first trip to the Amex...at last! Living in Lincolnshire its not been financially viable until recently so its been away games only for a few years but now I'm finally going to go :)

I'll be coming down on the Friday afternoon with my girlfriend and looking at staying in a B&B/Hotel for 2 nights with the game on the Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

So the advice I would like is....

1.) Any suggestions on where to stay?
2.) On the Saturday would I be best driving to a park and ride or getting the train from Brighton Station to the game?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance!

If you book ASAP, you can stay in the Travel Lodge, Hickstead for £28.00 p/n and get the train for free down to Falmer.

Won't find a cheaper option than that.

Edit: Free parking at that Travel Lodge. Bonus.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Very good point you can do Jury Inn for £155 for two nights as a "special" so not sure if that includes parking / breakfast

Jury's inn does not include free parking. You have to pay in the two story car park opposite.

The premier inn on north street gives you a voucher towards parking into the NCP at the rear of the hotel

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Travelodge at Preston Park is much quieter than the West St one and is £5 for 24hrs parking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
White Hart Hotel in Lewes (on the very excellent Travel Republic site) has two nights that weekend with free parking and breakfast at £71 a night. Five minute walk from Lewes station - and about ten minutes walk from the Harveys brewery :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it would be better to go to Lewes and catch the train down from there, its a lot quieter than going on the Brighton-Falmer cattle trucks. Only downside is that good beer is hard to find in Lewes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You are a sarcastic f**k pig sometimes.
The chap wants a bit of advice and you come up with a typically shitty response.

What the hell? How does my advice differ from anyone else's? The Premier Inn in Brighton is good value.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
It may be too pricey but Pelham house in lewes at £68 per room per night on that weekend is one to consider (check tripadvisor). They have a car park and it's in the centre of town and very close to the station. One stop to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here