Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could our fans lose us promotion?

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Whether the op is fishing or not. I agree with the statement. I genuinely believe that fans can influence referee decisions and drive the team on to performing better. By that logic, league position will be influenced.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whether the op is fishing or not. I agree with the statement. I genuinely believe that fans can influence referee decisions and drive the team on to performing better. By that logic, league position will be influenced.

The OP is right to point this out. Otherwise home advantage would be merely down to familiarity with the pitch. We need to make more noise at Falmer. NSC might be the perfect forum to work out how we do this. Any suggestions?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Burnley at home, with 9 men for 75 minutes, meant that the players needed a lift from somewhere to give them extra energy as the opposition took advantage of the gaps.

That lift came from the stands, it showed that we could create an atmosphere that was both uplifting and intimidating. We had genuine chances at the end of the match to get at least a point from it too, but profligacy in front of goal meant we lost 1-0.

My view is that if we can create at environment that tips the balance in the Albion's favour, even if it's only by 1%, then we should get off our backsides and give the team additional vocal support.

I fully understand the alternate view is that some people go to matches to be entertained, and want to sit and watch in relative comfort and clap only when something has inspired them to do so, but I'd rather get behind the team and shred my tonsils for 90 minutes.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
burnley at home, with 9 men for 75 minutes, meant that the players needed a lift from somewhere to give them extra energy as the opposition took advantage of the gaps.

That lift came from the stands, it showed that we could create an atmosphere that was both uplifting and intimidating. We had genuine chances at the end of the match to get at least a point from it too, but profligacy in front of goal meant we lost 1-0.

My view is that if we can create at environment that tips the balance in the albion's favour, even if it's only by 1%, then we should get off our backsides and give the team additional vocal support.

I fully understand the alternate view is that some people go to matches to be entertained, and want to sit and watch in relative comfort and clap only when something has inspired them to do so, but i'd rather get behind the team and shred my tonsils for 90 minutes.

100% this

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do you have to correct grammatical and spelling errors EVERY day?

Pot, kettle and black are a couple of words that spring to mind.

Are you a couple?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A lot of myth-making has been created around the Burnley match. Yes, the crowd was loud but it did not tangibly affect the result. We still lost.

The Brighton players played well because they showed tremendous character and worked like crazy to cover the extra space. Any team that is reduced to nine men is either going to fight or surrender. Thankfully, our players chose the former and it is they that deserve the credit for their performance, not us.

Cheering CMS on did not mean he developed better technique in finishing in front of goal. It is technique, organisation, tactics, man management and having the right blend of players, that will win games, not how loud a home crowd is.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here