Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l229-1261150_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:52 30th December 2013
by Adam Tighe
It was a bit lucky because it took a bad bounce before it reached the keeper"
Inigo Calderon
Inigo Calderon admitted the quality of his winning goal at Bloomfield Road didn’t matter as it was all about the three points.
The full-back’s first-half strike earned the Seagulls their first win at Blackpool in 13 years and the Basque man felt it was going to take an element of fortune to win that type of fixture.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a bit lucky because it took a bad bounce before it reached the keeper but we knew that would happen. We said it before the game that we had to follow in all the rebounds in both areas.
“The pitch wasn’t too good, it was bouncy and everyone was tired because of the amount of fixtures recently, so it was always going to take a goal like that to settle the game. It is not important who scores, it is just about getting the three points.
“I am happy because it is a great win and a massive one. Sometimes you have to work and fight and we did that, we defended great and kept a clean sheet.”
Fellow defender Adam Chicksen made his Albion debut in the 1-0 victory and Calderon was full of praise for the young left-back’s display.
“Chicksen was spectacular. He hasn’t played with us before but he has been training so hard all season waiting for his chance and he came on and played against one of the best wingers in the division in Ince, and he was superb.
“I am really happy that he put in a good performance.”
Meanwhile the Seagulls’ match winner says Albion have nothing to fear as they enter the second half of the season in 2014.
“We are a similar side [to last year] and I cannot see a team that are better than us. In all the games we couldn’t win we have said we should have won or we had the chance to.
“So that is important and we are playing at a good level. At the same time we can easily lose a game, but we have a massive to chance to win games and push towards the top.”*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here