Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange case in the Argus.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A man calls the police because he is burgled. The case does not get resolved but the man is arrested and jailed for having child sex pics on his computer.
Have no problem with the book being thrown at him at all but what worries me is do the police routinely check peoples computers when they are called on other business or did the man stupidly have images on show on the screen when the police arrived?
Have nothing to worry about on my lap top but wouldn't want anyone, including the police, nosing around. All my personal finances and other business activities are for my use only.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
He probably left the computer on when they visited....**** but glad to hear he was the master of his own misfortune. ..

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would assume that they would need to have good reason to look on the computer and some kind of warrant to be allowed to.

However, I am firmly in the nothing to hide camp and see no problem if they did just have a look and get a lucky arrest.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I would assume that they would need to have good reason to look on the computer and some kind of warrant to be allowed to.

However, I am firmly in the nothing to hide camp and see no problem if they did just have a look and get a lucky arrest.

When asked to comment the police reply was vague to say the least.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A man calls the police because he is burgled. The case does not get resolved but the man is arrested and jailed for having child sex pics on his computer.
Have no problem with the book being thrown at him at all but what worries me is do the police routinely check peoples computers when they are called on other business or did the man stupidly have images on show on the screen when the police arrived?
Have nothing to worry about on my lap top but wouldn't want anyone, including the police, nosing around. All my personal finances and other business activities are for my use only.

Maybe the police rang the US NSA to find out what was on his computer?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I suspect he was perhaps already known to the Police? He shouts 'oi I've been burgled' and they arrive already knowing what to look for. Just guessing - but many of these creeps are already known.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

I think you missed a comma out, before and after camp.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Juxtapose this with the case of Nigella's housekeepers recently when 4 different witness's and her ex husband referred to her taking class A drugs on a regular basis. Inspector knackers response ?" We will not be investigating these allegations unless fresh evidence comes to light "

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i. think this happened: laptop/computer was stolen in robbery. property was recovered in connection with other burglaries (this happens, usually after a s18 search of premises after arrest or police get a tip off and a warrant to search and find an alladdins cave of goodies). Computer was fired up in order to identify an owner and in looking through files to find owner.....oh dear.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i. think this happened: laptop/computer was stolen in robbery. property was recovered in connection with other burglaries (this happens, usually after a s18 search of premises after arrest or police get a tip off and a warrant to search and find an alladdins cave of goodies). Computer was fired up in order to identify an owner and in looking through files to find owner.....oh dear.

I had some items stolen from my car in the summer when I accidently left it unlocked. The Rozzers asked if there was anything that the crook touched that might have his fingerprints on. yes I replied, because the crook had pulled out 3 of my CD's from the glove compartment and put them on the passenger seat. Does that mean that Sussex police are copying my discs then as I have not had them back since July ? Looks like they are big fans of The Shins and Fountains of Wayne.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I had some items stolen from my car in the summer when I accidently left it unlocked. The Rozzers asked if there was anything that the crook touched that might have his fingerprints on. yes I replied, because the crook had pulled out 3 of my CD's from the glove compartment and put them on the passenger seat. Does that mean that Sussex police are copying my discs then as I have not had them back since July ? Looks like they are big fans of The Shins and Fountains of Wayne.

I had the same thing except they took the a packet of matte affect dashboard wipes and not had them back after 3 years.......:shootself

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had the same thing except they took the a packet of matte affect dashboard wipes and not had them back after 3 years.......:shootself

I do feel like sending Sussex police an e-mail along the lines of " If I found a wallet in the street that had £50 in it, if,after 6 months it hasn't been claimed, surely that unclaimed cash is mine ? However, if you have my cd's for 6 months of forensics, have you claimed them as yours ? if so I will have to buy some more. "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here