Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A fair assessment GB. I like what you say about Barber and Barnes, which might prove controversial. I also like what you say about Ince and Oscar, which probably won't prove controversial. I particularly like what you say about the way in which Oscar has handled Ince, which also might prove controversial. Ince's development needs to be managed, and Oscar has done that expertly thus far. Note he was playing (or not playing at this level) as a centre-half up until Oscar turned up. He's now looking like the best central midfielder at Brighton, which is saying something given that he's up against Bridcutt and Crofts. Oscar's management of Ince will reap rewards in the second half of the season in which -- I predict, provided he remains fit -- we'll see him rested far less frequently.
Two last points: well done for singling out Upson (you might have done the same for Ward, although Upson has been both more reliable and more influential than Ward); but your summary misses an A+ for neglecting to mention Crofts, who has been simply brilliant this season: he's never going to be the most talented player, but boy does he put in a shift, has scored five, and got in the right places and got in enough decent shots to boost that total.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
A fair assessment GB. I like what you say about Barber and Barnes, which might prove controversial. I also like what you say about Ince and Oscar, which probably won't prove controversial. I particularly like what you say about the way in which Oscar has handled Ince, which also might prove controversial. Ince's development needs to be managed, and Oscar has done that expertly thus far. Note he was playing (or not playing at this level) as a centre-half up until Oscar turned up. He's now looking like the best central midfielder at Brighton, which is saying something given that he's up against Bridcutt and Crofts. Oscar's management of Ince will reap rewards in the second half of the season in which -- I predict, provided he remains fit -- we'll see him rested far less frequently.
Two last points: well done for singling out Upson (you might have done the same for Ward, although Upson has been both more reliable and more influential than Ward); but your summary misses an A+ for neglecting to mention Crofts, who has been simply brilliant this season: he's never going to be the most talented player, but boy does he put in a shift, has scored five, and got in the right places and got in enough decent shots to boost that total.

You're dead right about Crofts' excellent contribution and my forgetting to mention it!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very balanced piece and you rightly pick out the star performers *– I, too, would have to add in Crofts. It reiterates what I've said on here that any team can beat any other team - look at how we beat Leicester just days after losing to Barnsley. For that reason, I wouldn't like to predict a) the rest of the results for the season (who saw the Charlton scoreline coming), or b) where we, and others, will be come May.

To be honest, I'm quite happy to turn up at the Amex, enjoy to ride, the stadium, and Oscar putting his plans into action.

Not sure there is anyone, or anything, to blame for all the injuries, it could just be bad luck.

One final thing GB, what on earth is an Aztec Two Step?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
One final thing GB, what on earth is an Aztec Two Step?

A stomach condition due to eating too much / off spicy food, normally Mexican. So named because you can never be more than two steps from a toilet. Mine was a combination of too much beer, a very hot stir fry and taking big Ibuprofens instead of littles - all due to toothache :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here