Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway - How Quickly ?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
How quickly can he be bought back by loan or by permanent transfer ?

Any chance of him being in place for Bournemouth ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How quickly can he be bought back by loan or by permanent transfer ?

Any chance of him being in place for Bournemouth ?

Wouldn't be Bournemouth. Possibly Reading. Get the feeling with the Cardiff situation, he won't be going anywhere until they get a manager in

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
There may already be something in place (along the lines of Dobbie to scum last year)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Got an 8 in his birthdate so maybe he won't be allowed to leave at all (see Tan thread)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Even if we signed him at midnight on New Year's Eve, he would be allowed to play against Bournemouth. It would be great if we could sign him for the Birmingham home game but as has been said elsewhere, Mackay sacking may make that less likely.

If it's going to be the end of January before we can sign him, we might try to get another winger on a month's loan as KLL would be our only available winger otherwise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes they rename their 25 man squad at some point soon, presumably once the window has shut on the last day.

I never really understand the 25 man squad in transfer windows. I think at the start of the season, they can play anyone until the squads are confirmed at the beginning of September. Is that the case in January too? Does that mean Conway can play for them from New Year's Day?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I never really understand the 25 man squad in transfer windows. I think at the start of the season, they can play anyone until the squads are confirmed at the beginning of September. Is that the case in January too? Does that mean Conway can play for them from New Year's Day?

They 're-set' their squads during January, so Palace will likely take a player out, to accomodate Murray coming back.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Yes, the Transfer window opens on the 1st when anyone from the entire squad can play. I guess the next 25 man squad deadline is at the end of the widow. Hence why Conway won't arrive here anytime soon.
Actually I think I've just made all that up.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Okay, so for Conway to play, they'd have to take a player out and put him in rather than anyone being allowed to play during the transfer window.

Yes, the Transfer window opens on the 1st when anyone from the entire squad can play. I guess the next 25 man squad deadline is at the end of the widow. Hence why Conway won't arrive here anytime soon.

You have ^
I suspect the only reason that some people know this rule is FM.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

That's correct.
During the transfer window, the club can play any player from the squad.
At the end of the window (31st Jan) they have to rename the 25.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Okay, so for Conway to play, they'd have to take a player out and put him in rather than anyone being allowed to play during the transfer window.

As it was Craig Noone who kept Conway out of the 25 man squad, unless he gets an injury, I can see Conway still being out.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As it was Craig Noone who kept Conway out of the 25 man squad, unless he gets an injury, I can see Conway still being out.

Yes, this was why I was checking the actual rule. If they need to take someone out of the squad to put Conway in, I doubt they'll do that (especially as Tan is saying they'll spend money now Mackay has gone) so Conway will be available soon.

However, if they can play anyone until confirming their squad when the transfer window closes, they might be tempted to give him a go for a couple of games. Just wasn't sure which way it worked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here