Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon plays down role as Albion matchwinner [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon plays down role as Albion matchwinner[/h]5:00am Monday 30th December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2794941.jpg
Inigo Calderon celebrates
INIGO Calderon has played down his role as Albion’s surprise matchwinner.
The right-back celebrated his first start for a month with his first goal away from The Amex since April 2011 in the 1-0 victory at Blackpool.
Calderon, deputising for thigh injury victim Bruno, told The Argus: “When I started to score goals I always scored away and was asked why I didn’t score at home. “I don’t think about it too much. I am more happy about the clean sheet than scoring because that is my main job. If I can do both then all the better.”
Calderon made his only other start since early October when Bruno was banned at Bournemouth, the visitors to The Amex on New Year’s Day. The long-serving Spaniard, 32 next Saturday, was brought on for the injured Bruno for the second half at Charlton on Boxing Day.
“It hasn’t been a really good month for me,” Calderon said. “I’ve been feeling a bit bad because I love to play games and I’ve been on the bench. You try to help everyone but I miss playing games. I didn’t feel too good against Charlton so I’m really glad we won.”
Head coach Oscar Garcia said: “He hasn’t been playing but he is always prepared, always focused. He was outstanding, as he is in training. He deserved his goal. I am very happy with him.”
Albion’s fourth away win out of six leaves them eighth, level on points with Ipswich in the last play-off spot.
Will Buckley is out against Bournemouth after limping off late on with another hamstring injury.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here