Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicksen

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Impressed me today. Good defensively, pacey and confident on the ball. Looks a good prospect.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Said the same earlier.

Him, Ince, Barker, JFC, March... Things are looking good for the next generation of Albion players.

Not sure Barker will be with the club beyond this campaign, does t seem to have cut it with the Albion despite being prolific at development level.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Kept a close watch on him when he came on and was impressed very impressed, looked confident on the ball and his positioning was very good. Could have a bright future.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Barker no chance, but the rest of those mentioned are looking good. Promising times for the youngsters not even mentioning Dunk who's young for a CB

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Was fully expecting him to feature a lot more heavily this year when we signed him. The management have obviously decided he needed time to settle in and it sounds like it's done him the world of good. Excited to see him playing more regularly.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This is good news - I was concerned at the lack of cover for left back, but it seems we have it now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barker has been on loan at Newport County and barely played. Says a lot. He will be gone unfortunately

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Noticed his potential when we played MKDs at the end of the season 3/4 years ago, glad we signed him, glad we didn't throw him in straight away, glad he played well on Sunday and looking forward to him fulfilling his potential with us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very encouraging. Two of the main injury concerns I had until recently were Kuszczak and Ward. Brezovan did okay when in the team recently (although obviously not as good as Kuszczak) and if Chicksen did as well as people are saying, then it's looking good. Hope he can continue that form when needed and push on to become a first team regular.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Speaking with an MKD supporter last year who was full of praise for Chicksen stating that he would (eventually) be comparable to Bridge!
Very early days, but I look forward to seeing how he develops

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He can be delighted with himself, as can OG with him. We were expecting Ince The Lesser to run at him - but it never happened.

I had little access to radio, tv or internet yesterday so asked my brother to keep me updated with texts. He freaked me out when he sent me one saying "Chicksen was marking Paul Ince" :lolol:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think we'd have a good chance of keeping ward at the end of the year. By all accounts Wolves have signed two new full backs who are actually better than Ward. If he likes it here and both parties can agree a deal then I would imagine he will be here next year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm really pleased Chicksen did well yesterday. He is way too old to be considered a youngster. He needs to be good enough NOW, if he's to be much use to us.

He's no youth teamer. He's 23 years old with 70+ senior appearances under his belt.

(He's OLDER than Lualua, and only a year younger than Bridcutt, Buckley and Barnes).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm really pleased Chicksen did well yesterday. He is way too old to be considered a youngster. He needs to be good enough NOW, if he's to be much use to us.

He's no youth teamer. He's 23 years old with 70+ senior appearances under his belt.

(He's OLDER than Lualua, and only a year younger than Bridcutt, Buckley and Barnes).

Well pointed out. I was aware he had a large number of FL appearances, but didn't realise his age in relevence to other first teamers. Maybe we won't be going after Ward based on recent performance + training, and the fact he is actually our player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here