Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apparently we were not very good

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just had a look at the Blackpool boards.
Some very angry fans on there with some good comments.
I know losing fans get angry and can over react but they seem to think that we were the worst team there this season and if they were not so crap we were there for the taking.
Can anyone that went agree with this.
Some guy called Caskey is on there winding them up.
Reading it has burst my bubble ( a little)

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Sometimes you play badly and win.Other times you play well and lose.
Swings and roundabouts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it matter as we got the 3 points. Just as a point Mark Robins, manager of Huddersfield, said in all of the papers that we were the best they had played this season. Whose opinion would you rate most a football manager or a sour disgruntled fan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love it when opposing fans say that we're the worst team that they've played. They lost to the worst team!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Phuck 'em. Whenever we win away from home,especially 'up north', we are always the worst team they've played this season. We beat them so bollox to them. To paraphrase Joan Rivers: Grow up Blackpool and grow a pair. We haven't won there in 13 years so we were due for a win-if they can't handle that then phuck 'em. Great thing for me is that Mrs Bwian's family are all in Blackpool so, for now, they're very quiet.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching the (few) reports on Gillette Soccer special this afternoon, the best team definitely won.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Every time we beat a team away we get that.... Remember Boro & Wigan fans saying similar...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was our ground sh*te, too?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Well Burnley were the worst team I've seen at the Amex this season and they are doing all right. We seem to have a winning mentality which is why the Charlton result came as a bit of a surprise.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Just had a look at the Blackpool boards.
Some very angry fans on there with some good comments.
I know losing fans get angry and can over react but they seem to think that we were the worst team there this season and if they were not so crap we were there for the taking.
Can anyone that went agree with this.
Some guy called Caskey is on there winding them up.
Reading it has burst my bubble ( a little)

Absolute rubbish, we were by far the better side. PIG made one save all game we hit the post twice and could have and should have scored more

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Even if that is the case, winning away from home against a top half team while not being at your best and keeping a clean sheet is a very good habit for a promotion chasing team to get into.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We should have won at Charlton. They were rubbish, and we were ahead and in total control. But two kamikaze pieces of defending and we were left chasing the game. Similarly the Blackpool keeper wasn't too clever for Calde's winner. That's the way it is in this division, you just have to win more than you lose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blackpool offered close to nothing. Either they were tactically clueless or we closed them down and snuffed them out. Take your pick. We could have scored quite a few goals, they created absolutely no clear cut chances I can remember.

We were MUCH the better team, ignore the fans of a club, who booed their team off at halftime and also booed loudly at one of their substitutions, they are only kidding themselves in suggesting that we weren't very good value for today's win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watching the (few) reports on Gillette Soccer special this afternoon, the best team definitely won.

Ditto - very complimentary about us - the better team!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
From one of their boards...

Dobbie you lazy git. Just casually let their player past him and have a free shot at goal,UNFORGIVEABLE and will be remembered.

1-0 flattered us. That was the worst home performance in a few years and it looks like it was the final straw for a lot of fans. It was going to happen sooner rather than later but the fans finally let their feelings show. I hate the fact I heard boos and criticism aimed at the team and manager but I don't see what other options we have? We are a team on the slide and something needs to be done. I would say it's a combination of Oyston's tight budget and Ince being tactically inept. I hope Oyston enjoyed that today because that was a result of shambolic year in getting a squad together.
There isn't much to say about the game. We looked devoid of any ideas and they won the majority of 50 50s. At one point, there was only Basham on the right wing - utterly clueless. We all know the problems but we have so many average players and play them out of position, you get an even bigger mess. Bishop, for all his endeavour, is absolutely nowhere near the quality required for this league. The same can be said about Basham playing at right back. I could go on and mention others but what's the point? The team is in that much of a mess, you would be here all day talking about how to rectify them.
I said we needed at least one win against Leeds or Brighton and we have failed to achieve this. The fact we are going backwards can only mean one thing for me and that's Ince out. The tactics on display today were shocking. 60 minutes of football with nothing going forward and he takes a striker off. Absolutely unbelievable decision. It's a dangerous situation when the team and manager lose the fans so Oyston needs to react and cut out all this loyal bullshit. The worst thing about it, is that Oyston won't lose any sleep tonight about what he saw today.
Who is honestly going to renew next season watching this rubbish? We need a change.

Dec 29, 2011
He trolls every opposition forum before and (if we win) after we play them

Yeah, I've seen his name pop up a few times when looking for match feedback. Such a shame but I guess every club has their idiots. The smart money would say he's also a poster on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here