Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua song

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Heard it today for the first time and quite liked it. I only could make out the middle bit though.

"He runs as fast as a fighter jet, he shoots so hard it breaks the net"

What's the rest?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Fishing? It's horrendous. There's a perfectly good song in 'LuaLua, LuaLua'. Simple, effective and gets the whole ground singing. So why a group of 20p have wasted 2 years trying to get that ditty going I don't know. If it was going to take off it would have done by now.

Awful.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fishing? It's horrendous. There's a perfectly good song in 'LuaLua, LuaLua'. Simple, effective and gets the whole ground singing. So why a group of 20p have wasted 2 years trying to get that ditty going I don't know. If it was going to take off it would have done by now.

Awful.
**** me what a buzzkill you are. Here is a guy who wants to learn the song, so why not tell him the words and let him join in, maybe if more people know the words it'll take off?

Kazenga sets off down the wing Lua Lua

and then you'll hear the Brighton sing Lua Lua

He's faster than a fighter jet his shots so hard he'll break the net

we all bow down to Kazenga Lua Lua

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He broke an iPhone in the street.
He likes Nandos, he likes to tweet.
We all bow down to Kazenga LuaLua.

Aug 18, 2013
**** me what a buzzkill you are. Here is a guy who wants to learn the song, so why not tell him the words and let him join in, maybe if more people know the words it'll take off?

Just observing that if a new song is suggested which doesn't work, people would be better of accepting that and trying something new instead of persisting with something nobody joins in with. See also that God awful Calde effort

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Heard it today for the first time and quite liked it. I only could make out the middle bit though.

"He runs as fast as a fighter jet, he shoots so hard it breaks the net"

What's the rest?

Remember the guy who sings go left go left signing it at west ham a few years back. This sort of bollocks will never take off as far too may words. I'm all for new songs but they need to be simple to catch on.

The fact there was a post earlier about not knowing the argies song supports this.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just observing that if a new song is suggested which doesn't work, people would be better of accepting that and trying something new instead of persisting with something nobody joins in with. See also that God awful Calde effort

So your idea of a good chant is singing half his name over and over again? Now THAT is what I call awful...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Remember the guy who sings go left go left signing it at west ham a few years back. This sort of bollocks will never take off as far too may words. I'm all for new songs but they need to be simple to catch on.

The fact there was a post earlier about not knowing the argies song supports this.

It's too easy to say one doesn't like this or that and sign off without being constructive. What are your prefered song selections?

Aug 18, 2013
So your idea of a good chant is singing half his name over and over again? Now THAT is what I call awful...

No. My idea of a good song is something everyone joins in with.

The Argentina song took off straight away.

This Lua song hasn't taken off over 2 years later.

If people used a bit of common sense when creating chants we might get a few more going. Instead, the usual idiots have to do their own thing and go against the majority.

And people wonder why the atmosphere is shit and the North is so divided...

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

All about opinions but I would say it is more important to have a chant that everyone gets and can join in with that something that might be witty but only15 fans sing

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No. My idea of a good song is something everyone joins in with.

The Argentina song took off straight away.

This Lua song hasn't taken off over 2 years later.

If people used a bit of common sense when creating chants we might get a few more going. Instead, the usual idiots have to do their own thing and go against the majority.

And people wonder why the atmosphere is shit and the North is so divided...

The Ulloa chant took off because this exact same group of people made an effort to sing it as a small group repeatedly and over time people joined in. I think you have a half a point but there isn't anything wrong with starting a chant you like even if other people don't like it. If YOU think you can do better then sing up and make yourself heard.

Aug 18, 2013
The Ulloa chant took off because this exact same group of people made an effort to sing it as a small group repeatedly and over time people joined in. I think you have a half a point but there isn't anything wrong with starting a chant you like even if other people don't like it. If YOU think you can do better then sing up and make yourself heard.

Yep. I will continue to sing "LuaLua" every time this drivel comes up. It actually works.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
A song is a song. Its about getting behind a team.
Never known anyone to blush because they song song lyrics they dislike. Just sing man.
And lyrics are to long? WTF we are not goldfish its 4 lines long.
Ulloa song is just as long and not many struggle with that

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
It's too easy to say one doesn't like this or that and sign off without being constructive. What are your prefered song selections?

Anything short and simple. Albion.... Seagulls....the Buckley heart beat song. Not the most original but it,s not a song writing competition. Its about as many people as possible joining in

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I never understood why the Muppet song wasn't used for Kaz - the M'nah-M'nah one.
Lua-Lua, de-doo-de-do-doo,
Lua-Lua, de-doo-de-doo...
etc.

Sorry.

Aug 18, 2013
Good for you, I hate to imagine someone coming onto NSC to moan about chants when they never actually start a chant themselves.

And you know that? No.

It's not the song specifically that's the problem. More the attitude of blindly ignoring the fact that songs arent going to catch on and still persisting with them when their efforts would be better of spent elsewhere

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And you know that? No.

It's not the song specifically that's the problem. More the attitude of blindly ignoring the fact that songs arent going to catch on and still persisting with them when their efforts would be better of spent elsewhere

Like I said, these people like the chant, they sing the chant. If you like a chant, you sing your chant. What everyone else who doesn't start a change thinks is completely ****ing irrelevant.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill

I like it

Aug 18, 2013
Like I said, these people like the chant, they sing the chant. If you like a chant, you sing your chant. What everyone else who doesn't start a change thinks is completely ****ing irrelevant.

[/QUOTE]

Think about it though.

Regardless of whether individuals like a chant, if they sing something popular to the masses then people are more likely to join in and the atmosphere improved.
If they instead sing their clique shit that almost nobody joins in then the atmosphere actually suffers.

Still, as long as you can brag about getting your ten mates to sing your song, that's all that matters isn't it? Sod the rest of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here