[Official Site] Oscar: Calde was Outstanding

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1262235_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:28 29th December 2013
by Adam Tighe
I am happy with Calde as he hasn’t played many games but he is always prepared and always focused"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia hailed the display of Inigo Calderon after the full-back grabbed the winning goal at Bloomfield Road.
Albion’s head coach told seagulls.co.uk, “I am happy with Calde as he hasn’t played many games but he is always prepared and always focused.
“He was outstanding today, as he is in all the training sessions, and he deserved his goal.
“He plays with a lot of enthusiasm, he goes forward and today he tried a shot and scored, and it was the goal that gave us victory.”
The Spaniard also praised the rest of the side, highlighting the impact of substitutes Adam Chicksen, Kazenga LuaLua and David Lopez.
He added, “I am very happy with the performances of all the players especially the three substitutes.
“I am very happy with Chicksen as he made his debut for us at a very difficult place and he played really well.
“Also Kazenga and David because it is not easy to come off the bench and play the way they did.”
On a disappointing note though, Will Buckley limped off late on with a hamstring problem although Stephen Ward’s first-half substitution, following a bang to the head, was more precautionary. *
“The doctor told us the best thing we can do is take Stephen out and we did. We will have to see tomorrow how he feels.
“Will has a hamstring injury and it is a blow because we have had many players fit enough but now we have to manage another injury.
"A hamstring is always a bad injury and a dangerous one but I have some options to play upfront and my job is to choose the best starting eleven and that is what I am doing.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here