Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cumberland football and Stockport County.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
There must have been something going on behind the scenes to cause such a spectacular collapse. The likes of Wimbledon, Aldershot, Darlington etc is pretty well documented. I can't find much about Stockport (although I admit I havent looked much beyond the first page of Google).

D

Deleted User X18H

Have you seen who Stockports current No 9 is? Local lad called Dickenson, likes Wagga Mama.

Last edited:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
1964-1965 Season Barrow (h) 20058 Bobby Smith's debut for the Albion
Stockport (h) 21489
Darlington (h) 31423 Scored 100th goal and clinched Div 4 title.
Remember all of these games pretty well. Also a 2-2 with Bradford Park Avenue (20722)
and a 2-1 win over Halifax Town.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stockport were a financial basket case run by a guy who had more interest in ground sharing with egg chasers. We were after their manager before we got Russell Slade but he had shares in everything the club was doing and we couldnt match what was on offer there. Lots of creative accountancy in which the manager may or may not have been implicated and they went tits up - think we dodged a bullet to be honest. We also spoke to Ince at that time but haooily he also turned us down.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
during the 97-98 season Stockport beat Man City in a league game 3-1

times have certainly changed

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
What was that striker they had in the late 89s?
Must've been about 6"7
They used to just chip the ball into the goal area for him to header, nobody could out jump him cause of his size

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Strange, because we have historically played all these clubs, I still check the lower league tables and will them on to better times again.

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
I remember Kevin Francis being partnered up front with Andy Preece. Seem to remember that we played them at home on Boxing Day for a number of years back in the 90's.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
James Tunnicliffe is back too.

We've Lived in Stockport for nearly 13 years now, the town generally doesn't give a toss about its football club.
Real shame, as the proper fans here love the club.

Their decline has been so rapid it's almost unbelievable.
Brian Kennedy and Sale Sharks basically muscled their way in simply to get Edgeley Park then left County in the shit.

Very sad.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Just a quick mention for their community outreach team.

They do some excellent work, particularly in coaching.
My little un has been part of their junior development academy for almost a year and they are exceptional.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Went to Workington a few years back whilst staying in Cockermouth (Home of Jennings brewery?:drink:)Went to a night match it was daylight at kick-off and what a sad sight cut back floodlights and the main stand had had the upper tier cut away and capped with corrogated sheeting,no more than i would say 400 there if that,sparten and bare. View attachment 49836

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There was a time not so long ago when Stockport was our feeder club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here