Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Howard Webb

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching the Chelsea Liverpool game and have to say, how the he'll did this man become supposedly the best referee. He really is shite

D

Deleted member 18477

He's been very pro- Chelsea in this game.

He's losing it a bit...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's been very pro- Chelsea in this game.

He's losing it a bit...

He's shocking.

Added to which Chelsea are back to their horrible.cheating snide best, a reflection on their **** of a manager

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Two stonewall Suarez penalties and the odd thing is, Webb was literally only a yard or two away from both of them. He's going to feel very foolish when he sees the replay.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Who is the best English referee then? Clattenburg, Dean, Dowd, Atkinson and Marriner tend to be the others that get the big games and none of them are without their faults either. The standard of refereeing in general isn't great, some of the refs in the Champions League are very inconsistent in their decision making. Although the further down the pyramid you go, the officiating is worse. I've seen a few Ryman League matches this season and the officiating down there is really bad, often resulting in refs losing control of the match.

I'd say Webb has got to referee big matches because he handles the players well. Apart from the 2010 World Cup final, there are few matches he has officiated that have gone out of control with flashpoints and I think most refs would've found that final difficult to officiate because of Holland's X-rated tactics that night.

D

Deleted member 18477

So we all agree then? Haha unbelievable thread!

Liverpool cheated out of a result.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
The referee on Boxing Day, Mick Russell, must have been one of the worst I have see. He was way behind play throughout the game and his 'assistants' weren't much better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How did he miss that Etoo chop on Suarez?

The problem is Suarez dives about so much you cannot be certain it's not another one...in fact that applies to every player these days.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Webb has left Man U and signed for Chelsea, Liverpool been robbed now in 2 matches and gone from top to 5th because of it.

Although Raheem Sterling missing an absolute sitter in the 2nd half against Man City that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored with her eyes closed had something to do with it as well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All refs are clowns.
Week after week of poor refereeing.
The Italian guy was ok and the filly assistant that Keys wanted to smash seems very good.
Worst ref ever, Graham Poll, but still Talksport ask for his opinions.
Apart from that all no hopers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here