Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie could come back to face Seagulls [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Dobbie could come back to face Seagulls[/h]10:00am Sunday 29th December 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2520390.jpg
Stephen Dobbie
Blackpool could be set to give Stephen Dobbie the chance to shine against his old club.
The Scottish attacker failed to make an impact with Albion last term.
He moved on to Crystal Palace, who have since loaned him back to his old club at Bloomfield Road.
Dobbie was left out of the side at home to Leeds on Boxing Day, as Blackpool fought back for a well deserved 1-1 draw.
But boss Paul Ince has hinted he could be back today.

Blackpool hit self-destruct at Yeovil
Ricardo Fuller has missed the last four games through suspension and injury but is also expected to play.
Fuller could replace Michael Chopra as the lone frontman with Dobbie playing just off him in a 4-4-1-1 set-up.
Ince has decisions to make after defender Kirk Broadfoot as sent off in the last minute against Leeds.
He will switch Craig Cathcart to central defence but is unhappy at having to make a change – and having to cope with a sixth red card of December.

Blackpool's most recent win - v Sheffield Wednesday
Ince looked forward to taking on Albion and said: “It’s nice to go into it in a positive mood.
“It’s not the three points we would have liked but it’s a point against a good side.
“It’s a fine line in these games and that’s what annoys me, losing my centre-half.
“I thought we could have pushed on again.
“We’ve got Ricky back, hopefully. But we shoot ourselves in the foot again.
“We need to do the right things. We have to be tight, be compact, fight for every ball.
“Do the basics right and we will have half a chance.”

[h=5]Showbiz news[/h]

[h=4]Comments (3)[/h]Please log in to enable comment sorting
10:25am Sun 29 Dec 13
B rian Tawses left foot says...
Hmmm - let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us !
Hmmm - let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us ! B rian Tawses left foot

10:51am Sun 29 Dec 13
To baldly go says...
B rian Tawses left foot wrote:
Hmmm - let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us !
Going to be one of those games i think, same will happen when someone signs Lita, he will bang in goals and we will wonder why we didnt sign him.
I think we will have to much for them as long as we dont get to rough, El-Abd will do well to keep calm today, a repeat of his wrestling antics against Charlton could see him off. Play our players in their right positions please, Buckley on the right, Ince in midfield with Bridcutt, Agustien and Orlandi with Ulloa up front, if Lita is still with us have him on the bench with Barnes and LuaLua so we have options up front. Ince and Bridcutt can drop into defence if needed, Crofts, Andrews and Dunk other subs, lets be positive and go for it. 1-2 Albion.
[p][bold]B rian Tawses left foot[/bold] wrote: Hmmm - let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us ![/p]
Going to be one of those games i think, same will happen when someone signs Lita, he will bang in goals and we will wonder why we didnt sign him. I think we will have to much for them as long as we dont get to rough, El-Abd will do well to keep calm today, a repeat of his wrestling antics against Charlton could see him off. Play our players in their right positions please, Buckley on the right, Ince in midfield with Bridcutt, Agustien and Orlandi with Ulloa up front, if Lita is still with us have him on the bench with Barnes and LuaLua so we have options up front. Ince and Bridcutt can drop into defence if needed, Crofts, Andrews and Dunk other subs, lets be positive and go for it. 1-2 Albion. To baldly go

10:56am Sun 29 Dec 13
Neville says...
Just been looking at top seven teams in the league and all play with at least two strikers supporting each other,often three in attack for some teams:
Leicester Nugent and Vardy
Burnley Vokes and Ings
QPR Zamora and Austin
Derby Dawkins,Martin and Ward
Leeds McCormack and Smith
Notts Frst Henderson and Mackie
Ipswich Murphy,Nouble and McGoldrickWe continue to play the lone striker even at home which has not worked too well,far too many points dropped. In my opinion we need to try 2 strikers at home and get that early momentum and lead.Away from home I can understand a bit more caution but things do need to change and need to see more ambitious benches particularly at home.

Just been looking at top seven teams in the league and all play with at least two strikers supporting each other,often three in attack for some teams: Leicester Nugent and Vardy Burnley Vokes and Ings QPR Zamora and Austin Derby Dawkins,Martin and Ward Leeds McCormack and Smith Notts Frst Henderson and Mackie Ipswich Murphy,Nouble and McGoldrick We continue to play the lone striker even at home which has not worked too well,far too many points dropped. In my opinion we need to try 2 strikers at home and get that early momentum and lead.Away from home I can understand a bit more caution but things do need to change and need to see more ambitious benches particularly at home. Neville

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here