House flooded, contents destroyed, no power for 48 hours

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't understand why anyone would live in that area. I know Yalding well and it's marshy at the best of times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Things could get moving now, when its a few farms in West Wales or Cornwall it is just something that has just been bad luck. Well, this time it's happening to the blue rinsers in Toryland. expect action !

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Things could get moving now, when its a few farms in West Wales or Cornwall it is just something that has just been bad luck. Well, this time it's happening to the blue rinsers in Toryland. expect action !

Spot on.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I had to stop reading when it came to the bit about her grandmothers walnut veneer cabinet.

Some people just need to deal with things rather than always looking for someone to blame, a bit of water in your house is hardly the end of the world.

And as for the fella who reckons he was swimming down his road, pulling people out of their houses!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had to stop reading when it came to the bit about her grandmothers walnut veneer cabinet.

Some people just need to deal with things rather than always looking for someone to blame, a bit of water in your house is hardly the end of the world.

Very easy to write this from the comfort of your warm dry house I bet?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Says the man in Germany?

True, but I'm showing compassion which is not what Timbo was doing. Besides, I was a victim on Xmas eve and had to take on the railway in order to get to Brighton.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
True, but I'm showing compassion which is not what Timbo was doing. Besides, I was a victim on Xmas eve and had to take on the railway in order to get to Brighton.

No you're not, you don't actually give two shits about the residents of Yalding, Kent. You're just exploiting their misfortune to take the 100th dig at Cameron in the last month.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No you're not, you don't actually give two shits about the residents of Yalding, Kent. You're just exploiting their misfortune to take the 100th dig at Cameron in the last month.

It's Xmas time and my love and compassion goes out to all, even those with a humour by-pass.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What made me laugh was a report that a passenger who had been delayed at Gatwick was complaining they were being treated like they were from the third world! Get a life. You were inconvenienced by some serious weather problems, albeit only serious for this country. Google boxing day tsunami or typhoon Haiyan and see what it is like when there is seriously bad conditions!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What made me laugh was a report that a passenger who had been delayed at Gatwick was complaining they were being treated like they were from the third world! Get a life. You were inconvenienced by some serious weather problems, albeit only serious for this country. Google boxing day tsunami or typhoon Haiyan and see what it is like when there is seriously bad conditions!!!!

A friend is in Finland and the UK wet and windy weather was on the news there, followed by someone saying wet and windy weather is what the UK is used to.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What's Dave supposed to do? Stick his finger in the dyke? Take a Deckchair to the beach and forbid the tide to advance further up the beach?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If only there had been some humour to bypass, when you make the same joke twice a week, it stops being funny.

Come on fella. Please don't take your frustration with not getting the tricycle you wanted for Xmas out on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here