Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter Eggs !!!!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't believe it - went into Chichester today and saw a well known store selling Crème Eggs, Mini Eggs, and Boxed large Cadbury Eggs (Crunchie,Buttons,Wispa and Flake). I'm still getting over the Christmas turkey! Is Easter extra early in 2014?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very wise of them. Chichester is well know for flooding and if there is one of biblical proportions then people could do worse than stock up on easter eggs for fear of going without come April 20th!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I used to work at Woolworths as a student, the main thing that it was something to fill the shelves up, which had just emptied of Christmas stock. It's generally just the creme egg and mini egg things that were put out first.

People still bought them, mind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only thing more certain than Easter eggs appearing on the shelves just after Christmas is a thread by someone sounding amazed that Easter eggs are appearing on the shelves just after Christmas (and the one about Christmas cards appearing in August).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not a bad thing - can't beat a bad of Mini eggs :)

Two weeks ago, feeling peckish and on my way home from watching Pompey being destroyed by Newport County, I bought a hot cross bun from the station buffet at Barnham.

West Sussex clearly finds itself in some kind of time warp.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Two weeks ago, feeling peckish and on my way home from watching Pompey being destroyed by Newport County, I bought a hot cross bun from the station buffet at Barnham.

West Sussex clearly finds itself in some kind of time warp.

Funny that. I saw some in a Tesco store about two months ago so think they must be an all year round thing.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Just back from the local supermarket, they have got mince pies for sale !

There are 361 days to go FFS.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hot Cross buns and mince pies seem to be an all year round thing these days
Rather like being able to buy strawberries and raspberries all year round too
Still seems a bit strange to me though

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a sign of the times. People are having a tough time financially and we are lurching from one feel good special occasion to the next. It reached a zenith in 2012 when it was just one national event/occasion after another, you couldn't get through a fortnight without some kind of flag waving, sporting or Royal event warranting some sort of street party or "celebrity" filled TV special. Some of it was good fun but I was rather relieved when it all calmed down.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
still dont understand the connection between an easter egg, and some poor sod being nailed to a lump of wood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here