Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ulloa-l229-1258947_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
14:20 27th December 2013
by Adam Tighe
I feel like I’m still lacking something in terms of physical fitness"
Leo Ulloa
Leonardo Ulloa says he is still working towards full match fitness despite his Boxing Day brace at Charlton.
The striker completed his first full 90 minutes since August as Albion were edged out 3-2 at The Valley.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Playing the whole game with no discomfort was the most important thing for me but I feel like I’m still lacking something in terms of physical fitness.
“I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort from the injury. I had ten minutes in a couple of games recently and we’ve been doing it bit by bit, but I wanted to come back and start games.
“I didn’t know I would play the full game and the boss was asking me how I was doing, how I felt; at half-time he wanted to know how I was.
“I told him I was a bit tired because the pitch was hard work but when they went in front and we needed a goal I didn’t want to go off.
“I wanted to stay on and, yes, I felt a bit tired but we needed me up there to help the team.
“I’m happy to get the goals but sad that we lost.”
Ulloa, who made his Albion debut in January, added that his first taste of British football’s festive period has been to his liking so far.
“This is my first time playing games like this and it is something special, something different.
“I’ve never played at Christmas or during fiestas but I’m enjoying it.*
“We spent Christmas Eve with Calde [Inigo Calderon]; it was very relaxed and we will do something similar on New Year’s Eve.
“The problem now is that we play again in three days at Blackpool and recovery over these days will be very important.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here