Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A little moan about yesterday

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Far too many women and kids complaining about standing and swearing, HELLO? i thought it was supposed to an away game?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The people singing "we stand where we want", after the tannoy requested those in front of the disabled fans sat down, are really not needed at our club.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Far too many women and kids complaining about standing and swearing, HELLO? i thought it was supposed to an away game?

Surely the parents would understand about the language which would be on display and warn their children about it and never to repeat. Football fans can not help but express themselves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't there a family area they could have moved too?

You'd think when booking tickets as soon as a junior appears they'd get corralled together.

We got back row seats at The Madjeski, pretty pointless for an adult and 2 kids.
The steward said 'come and sit in the family section'.
Got to wonder why we weren't put there in the first place.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I took my 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter yesterday, they know they're going to hear bad words and are not to repeat them. My daughter really enjoys her football and shouts encouragement for the boys, yesterday however a grumpy bloke in front of her turned around and asked her to stop shouting ... I mean at a football match, whatever next. My other half just pointed out to my daughter she can shout when she wants and the grumpy old man probably had a hangover. Bloody ridiculous

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This problem happens every time we play at Charlton and probably the same for all other clubs where the standing creates a huge issue.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah and the disabled. Don't they know its just for fit, able, adult males. FFS should say it on the ticket.

To be honest the disabled area was in a silly place, whats wrong with pitch side?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The people singing "we stand where we want", after the tannoy requested those in front of the disabled fans sat down, are really not needed at our club.

This. Fortunately nearly everyone in block B where I was did sit down as requested. Bloody silly place for the disabled section to be though I thought.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I thought the 'stand where want' chant was pretty pathetic, although another poster has mentioned that those in B block did comply with the request to sit down.

I was very surprised at just how quiet 2800 away fans were yesterday, especially as we did take the lead. Maybe it was the early start, maybe less alcohol consumed due to kick off time and travelling by coach, but my gut feeling was that it was due to the number of women and kids. Blokes left unattended will behave far more boisterously than when with their partners and children, and this then rubs off on other people around them leading to an overall lessening of the passion. Oh well......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So the conclusion is disabled people are a nuisance to you ?

Not at all i have two disabled friends that agree, sitting at the front like the majority of other clubs would be better. Therefore hundreds of people wouldn't have to sit down which whatever anyone says affects the atmosphere for those who have gone to jump about and have a sing song.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought the 'stand where want' chant was pretty pathetic, although another poster has mentioned that those in B block did comply with the request to sit down.

I was very surprised at just how quiet 2800 away fans were yesterday, especially as we did take the lead. Maybe it was the early start, maybe less alcohol consumed due to kick off time and travelling by coach, but my gut feeling was that it was due to the number of women and kids. Blokes left unattended will behave far more boisterously than when with their partners and children, and this then rubs off on other people around them leading to an overall lessening of the passion. Oh well......

This

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Another occasion of the disabled faction showing scant regard for their fellow supporters. If they wanted to see the match they had paid for, they should have armed themselves with hoists/calipers/harnesses. That would be their option as opposed to ruining the experience for the able bodied supporters in front of them.

*******s.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Did the atmosphere fizzle out when the fans sat down ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here