Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrews instead of Agustein??!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kemy has had a couple of appearances, looked good and deserved a further chance if resting Ince - further evidence of an overly cautious approach from OG! ???

OP isn't comparing the two, he's saying why did Garcia opt for two defensive midfielders and a defense minded centre mid, when he could have opted for an
attacking midfielder instead. His point is valid IMO.

Sorry I disagree, I think that he is

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kemy has had a couple of appearances, looked good and deserved a further chance if resting Ince - further evidence of an overly cautious approach from OG! ???

OP isn't comparing the two, he's saying why did Garcia opt for two defensive midfielders and a defense minded centre mid, when he could have opted for an
attacking midfielder instead. His point is valid IMO.

Sorry I disagree, I think that he is saying that Kemy should have been picked over Andrews. I was just pointing out that Andrews is the defensive man and Kemy is more of a forward man so expect Kemy to play at home against AFC Bournemouth.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Sorry I disagree, I think that he is saying that Kemy should have been picked over Andrews. I was just pointing out that Andrews is the defensive man and Kemy is more of a forward man so expect Kemy to play at home against AFC Bournemouth.

What?

Bridcutt is the best holding midfielder in the league and was put out of position for Andrews at expense for Kemy who looks premiership quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is now, and ongoing hopefully, the first time we've seen OG work a 'squad'.

There does seem to always be 1 maybe even 2 questionable decisions, per match.

Granted we don't know all the facts, fitness, availability, tenure etc, but nevertheless it's still a questionable selection.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For clarity I think the more attacking option given by Agustein was preferable but also the fact he has had game time AND deserves an extended run - especially (as at 12 noon!!) Charlton had scored seven at home in ten games!
But what if Andrews has to have some game time because LB is leaving in 2 games time.

Like I said we don't and never will know all the facts.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Well lets put it like this - we had four defenders and two defensive midfielders and still had three stuck past us despite having a) a very good defensive record and b) a decent away record and c) Charlton are struggling - so SOMETHING didn't work!!

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
KA LOOKS the part, as did Liam Dickinson and Toby Agdestien, but he simply can't pass the ball accurately. I reckon he will go the same way as the latter two...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is now, and ongoing hopefully, the first time we've seen OG work a 'squad'.

There does seem to always be 1 maybe even 2 questionable decisions, per match.

Granted we don't know all the facts, fitness, availability, tenure etc, but nevertheless it's still a questionable selection.

Oscar now has pretty well a full squad for the first time, there is inevitably going to be some tinkering as he looks for his best team. It's not always going to work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oscar now has pretty well a full squad for the first time, there is inevitably going to be some tinkering as he looks for his best team. It's not always going to work.
I guess this is the bit where 'knowing the division' helps.

Clearly OG can't just put out the best team and steam roller everybody, nobody can do that.
But I do agree with the OP, that was a pretty defensive formation, which probably wasn't called for.

The comparison by [MENTION=14081]Spun Cuppa[/MENTION] is just ludicrous.
Kemy's the real deal, his only obvious fault, so far, is his love of a champagne pass.
Which I'd take all day long over Hammond and Dicker.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
KA LOOKS the part, as did Liam Dickinson and Toby Agdestien, but he simply can't pass the ball accurately. I reckon he will go the same way as the latter two...

Absurd. Agustien is clearly a very talented player, yesterday he played some delightful passes. His footwork into the box for our 2nd was fantastic.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well lets put it like this - we had four defenders and two defensive midfielders and still had three stuck past us despite having a) a very good defensive record and b) a decent away record and c) Charlton are struggling - so SOMETHING didn't work!!

Agree with this. Playing two holding midfielders invites pressure IMO. Kemy should have played.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kemy Aguistein is by far the best passer of the ball available to us and Keith Andrews has proved his ability at a higher level than we are at so I cannot see the problem with either coming into the side. IMHO it is just a case of getting the mix right as to who plays best with who. Ince and Bridcutt seem to work well together and it is a question of who to play and the best formation if either is out for whatever reason.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I thought yesterday was the first time that Keith Andrews hasn't looked very impressive (and don't think he was as bad as some on here are making out).

Yes he was just back from injury, but also his job is to face goal, collect the easy ball and then move play on with another easy pass. Anyone who saw what the state of the middle of that pitch was like yesterday will know that that job became 20 times harder that it is at the Amex. Defensively too the ball held up at the weirdest of times affecting both teams. I am firmly in the "blame the pitch" camp, I actually thought we battled against it quite well and deserved a draw at least.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here