Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes AND Ulloa

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ash loooked good when he came on. He was creating chances for us. Him and Ulloa together has to be considered for a starting XI.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We won't play two up front, if anything it'll be Barnes on the right, LuaLua on the left with Ulloa up top... Whatever, I guess Lopez and Buckley's positions must be under threat after more woeful games than good ones this season.

Dec 29, 2011
Ash loooked good when he came on. He was creating chances for us. Him and Ulloa together has to be considered for a starting XI.

Ulloa on his own is good, but he's such a focal point of our attacking threat he can be man marked to try and nullify him. Adding Barnes who has proved recently he can do a good job will make things tricky for defenders, hopefully meaning on of Ulloa or Barnes will get more space. Worth a try, but we need to play Ince and Bridcutt together too.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'd be happy for Barnes to start in place of Andrews.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it will be something we start with regularly, if ever, but I think it is a great option if we are chasing a goal.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We got done by their pitch, ****ing awful !
Charlton are shite, if we could've played our football, we'd have beaten them easy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Barnes came on and we looked so much sharper (take that those that accuse me of being a Barnes hater!). I think Leo and Ash looked a very exciting possibility for the future.

Barnes on his own is not an option, as proved again against Huddersfield.

Stumpy Tim

Oscar seems to like the two wide players to actually play more like inside-right & inside-left. In fact, Orlandi mentioned in pre-season that Oscar wanted him to be closer to the central striker. I would play Barnes and Orlandi in those tucked in attacking roles.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly it doesn't matter how many strikers/forwards/inside rights or lefts you have, if the midfield is completely devoid of ability and can't play a forward pass it's going to get us nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here