Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I will add to the Crofts fan club, was a proper box to box midfielder. But AEA, Lopez and particularly Buckley were poor. First two goals were on our left channel and Ward should have got across but maybe he was drawn more central due to AEA being out of position. When Barnes came on I thought we looked good with two up top (except when they got in each other's way!) bad day at the office defensively but did enough upfront to deserve something.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Watched the goals on television and we seemed to be all over the place. I have read the thread and its disappointing to see that the word lazy, lack of effort, still full of Christmas dinner, head elsewhere. I'm hoping its not like this and feel that to blame the pitch when these guys are professionals with a backroom staff to help and advise each individual is poor. It is disappointing to lose and I feel Nathan Jones interview indicated to me that this was a game that we targeted for a result. Too many bad days at the office could ruin our attempt to make the playoffs. However, we are within touching distance and need to take some points over the next four games as we enter the new year.
      Coming For That No.1 Spot GoingUp's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Buckley was awful both today and last week, today he hardly ran or took on anyone, he found himself in the centre and not on the wing causing trouble like he should of been, and he looked like he was knackered by 60th min or so.

Ulloa was doing his best Berbatov impression, moaning and complaining and hardly moving, but still getting goals.

Liam ended up getting back into his groove as the game went on, he still made a few dodgy passes and not winning some of the challenges he would of last season, but he seems to be finding his form again and looked to of stepped back up, good to see he was giving instructions out like a captain to.

The pitch was up to Sunday league standard, a mud bath! Though I liked the ground, I love visiting the old stadiums, its like going back in time walking through the turnstiles and into a sh!t hole, its brilliant, it feels like a real football game especially when your an away fan making a noise, especially when you are able to stand the whole game. Its nice heading back to The Amex though haha

Alot of people turned up late, me and my mate included, we turned up about 2 or 3mins into the game, the fu*king traffic was awful. We had a clear run up to Pease Pottage, so stopped off to grab some coffees, then as we got back on route it hit us!
      Last edited by GoingUp; 26-12-2013 at 23:05.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by granny weatherwax View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Did someone say that he didn't start ince as he has to rest players?

FFS.

So Ince plays one game a few days ago and is too tired to play again a few days later

Wouldn't have happened in my day
      Totally agree with this!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Paddy B View Post
      I will add to the Crofts fan club, was a proper box to box midfielder. But AEA, Lopez and particularly Buckley were poor. First two goals were on our left channel and Ward should have got across but maybe he was drawn more central due to AEA being out of position. When Barnes came on I thought we looked good with two up top (except when they got in each other's way!) bad day at the office defensively but did enough upfront to deserve something.
      The good news is that at Blackpool expect LuaLua to replace Buckley, Orlandi to replace Lopez and maybe Greer to replace AEA. IMO Barnes should also go up top with Ulloa!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      Well said. Professional 'athlete' unable to perform twice in 5 days, or on about 50 occasions in a season IF picked for all games. Will young people need to rest their sperm before trying to start a family in future......
      I don't get this being rested thing either. I work full time and play footy. I used to play up to two 90 min games in a weekend. In the summer now I work 8 hours and then play 90 mins in the evening and I'm not as fit as professionals should be and they are younger than me
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      This rotation is a bit of a red herring IMO. It's an easy way to drop a player but not have to admit that fact. Without knowing the actual stats, and am hoping someone will be able clarify, I'm guessing ince has been used more for home games than away? We like to set up not to lose games and I think Andrews is seen as a safer option than ince away from home.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhawoddy View Post
      This rotation is a bit of a red herring IMO. It's an easy way to drop a player but not have to admit that fact. Without knowing the actual stats, and am hoping someone will be able clarify, I'm guessing ince has been used more for home games than away? We like to set up not to lose games and I think Andrews is seen as a safer option than ince away from home.
      Ince was last dropped for Barnsley at home - a game that we wouldn't have been playing safe.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Think we were playing better when all the big time boys were injured
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      Well said. Professional 'athlete' unable to perform twice in 5 days, or on about 50 occasions in a season IF picked for all games. Will young people need to rest their sperm before trying to start a family in future......
      It's not just two games in 5 days though is it. It's 6 games in 21 days starting with Huddersfield.