Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Charlton

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ref had a shit game really, seemed to only give the fouls after their fans got on his back, I think bridcutts head has gone already personally, still think if we got a bit of luck or if we scored when we hit both posts we would have got something from the game, also pitch was poor, but we are going to have to play in similar conditions at Blackpool so hopefully they are a bit more ready for it and will adapt quicker.

have a look at there game against leeds ..on now...dont know what they've done to it...but its looking not bad at all

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surprised no one has mentioned Buckley yet, worst player on the pitch for me. Bottled out of tackles, poor passing, no creativity, no effort.

Same as during the Huddersfield game. In the first Amex season in most games Buckley was immense and would have been worth a few £m at the time. Now a pale imitation of that Buckley .... poor decision making, no longer direct on goal when with the ball, a bottler in tackles, a lack of positional awareness with his fullback, striker and others. A sharp decline.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
To me bridcutts distribution was very poor today but the pitch had a lot to do with today, and wouldn't surprise me that if we have anymore rain their next match will be called off.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The few observations I can be bother to write:

Bridcutt's best position is holding in midfield. He isn't creative enough for the more attacking role.

Buckley's more central role isn't suited: to the way he plays best.

Best game I've seen crofts play

I actually thought we played well up to their equaliser: we controlled the game and were passing the ball around very well. A sloppy goal and things fell to pieces. We really need more cutting edge/ creativity in the last third, whether it be a fit Orlandi or someone else in the January window.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully we won't see the trio of Andrews, Crofts and Bridcutt on the field at the same time again. Good players in their own right but all 3 means zero creativity from the middle

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
why do we always play crap against the bottom teams and we seem to play to there level and their 1st goal poor defending we had a chance to clear it and we didnt

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
No that was Buckley...another shocker!

Buckley was poor
El Abd is too slow and hesitant in possession
Bridcutt looks like he can't be bothered
Andrews did nothing

However, Ulloa looked on the ball and held the ball well
Crofts was everywhere and was outstanding
Upson was composed and defended well

The bottom line is that we relaxed after we scored and we just didn't get going again after they equalised. The second half was particularly poor and we just hoofed it all the time but not to an area where we had a chance of getting hold of it. Once Barnes was on and supporting Ulloa we looked dangerous but that was too late in the day.

Can't afford too many days like these if we want to make the playoffs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did someone say that he didn't start ince as he has to rest players?

FFS.

So Ince plays one game a few days ago and is too tired to play again a few days later

Wouldn't have happened in my day

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Bridcutt did look like he had a Big dinner yesterday and couldn't be bothered today. He lacked pace and precision.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Don't get this pitch being awful...(it will be a lot worse at Blackpool).it's the same pitch for them...we have to adapt to the conditions...our big failings today was our defending....why at set pieces do we not have someone on the goal line? It cost us two goals....2nd and 3rd....we hit the post twice and had one cleared off the line by a goal line defender....Bridcutt seems to have he's mind elsewhere...El Abd gave it everything...from a good start to schoolboy defending.:eek:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If you feel like banging your head against a wall, read the comments posted on updates posted by BHAFC on the clubs facebook page.

It seems all the clueless JCLs are out in force tonight over there.

Oh, Blackpool's pitch isnt that bad......though you may as well be playing on the beach for the amount of sand in their pitch.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did someone say that he didn't start ince as he has to rest players?

FFS.

So Ince plays one game a few days ago and is too tired to play again a few days later

Wouldn't have happened in my day

Well said. Professional 'athlete' unable to perform twice in 5 days, or on about 50 occasions in a season IF picked for all games. Will young people need to rest their sperm before trying to start a family in future......

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
funny as the only midfielder who dosnt get rotated isLopez,2 passes aside he has been woeful all season.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No plan to adapt to the bad pitch is p*** poor and unprofessional. If we'd played with Ulloa and Barnes upfront all game in a makeshift 4-4-2 I think we'd have won. Surely Lewis Dunk is better than ElAbd who was awful today.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Observation I have is that Brighton yet again will have the biggest support in the division they are playing in and yet again the players on the pitch dont match that support.

Sadly this is very true, and slightly disheartening that we can't seem to get the results when needed to push us up the table against the lower placed teams. It's almost like we need different players to beat the lower teams.

So frustrating, but we are still just 2 points away, and a good result against Blackpool and it'll look better. Although on the face of it, the disappointing truth is that we a not quite good enough yet.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Frustrating.

Yes, the pitch was awful, but we didn't adapt to the conditions whatsoever. Far too many misplaced passes and second balls not won. The defending for the first goal was little better than criminal.

Bridders had his worst game in an Albion shirt in a long time. Buckley has been poor for a long time and his wretched form continued today. AEA? The less said of his performance today the better. He was immense when he came on for Greer in the Leicester game, looking really hungry and fired up. Today he was a liability. Thank heavens for Upson else it could have been a massacre. Why start Andrews when Bridcutts best performances have been playing alongside the physical steel of Ince who has proved a good foil for him.

Despite how poor we played today, with a little piece of luck, we could have still nicked something. Credit to Barnes who linked up well with Leo in what appeared to be a more conventional 4-4-2 when he came on.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
We were okay today on a dreadful pitch. We certainly did enough to get something from the game.....we hit both posts and had one cleared off the line. They took their chances, we didn't....Simples.

Agustien is brilliantly creative. See's and plays a pass quicker than anyone else in our team, but he is a lazy f*cker.
I was watching him in the pre-match and half time warm up. Full of tricks, showboating etc....great to watch, but wouldn't run or chase to get a ball. Shame he hasn't got more application cos he could be a match winner.

Thomas all day long ahead of Brez, but strangely I think Brez's distribution is much better than Kuzc.

Upson immense again - so classy and consistent, whereas ElAbd......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Love the way people are blaming the pitch. The ball ran ok and there wasn't that much bobbling. We were just shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here