Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Charlton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feeling very frustrated after today.

A few observations:

Pitch was appalling and played a factor as the game went on. Made us more direct.
Charlton fans were very poor - they had a drum, that seemed to be bashed incessantly.

Team Selection.
I don't understand why Kuszczak is not starting, as undoubtedly we defend deeper (esp at set pieces) because of a lack of confidence in Brez.
Team looked considerably weaker without Ince, but again rotation to save energy etc.... accordig to Jones.

Performance.
Defensively - atrocious. If Upson had not made numerous last ditch tackles we would have conceded more.
AEA - Oh dear, as committed as ever, but was lucky to stay on today IMO and he seemed to be easily outpaced and dived in a lot.
Ward - for the first 2 goals shifted to the middle to cover leaving his man wide open.
Bridcutt - don't know if he has been told to drift wide at times, but every time he does we are very weak down the centre. His passing was poor at times as well, but he worked hard.
Bruno - please don't be injured, as Calderon is awful. Calderon run ragged in the second half.
Ulloa - welcome back, great player and defended well. However, it made us slightly more direct, though that could have been the pitch as well (as per opening comment)
Looked stronger when Barnes came on.

Crofts - immense. If Player of Season was now, he'd get my vote.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And agustien, our most gifted player.

Has to start every game.

But his work-rate is very poor. His first corner was excellent, then he was reluctant to run over to take the next one and either Bridcutt or Buckley took it and it was rubbish. He was then made to take the next one which was again good. I think he's potentially lazy, but would not deny that when he is on the ball and has time he is class.....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Feeling very frustrated after today.

A few observations:

Pitch was appalling and played a factor as the game went on. Made us more direct.
Charlton fans were very poor - they had a drum, that seemed to be bashed incessantly.

Team Selection.
I don't understand why Kuszczak is not starting, as undoubtedly we defend deeper (esp at set pieces) because of a lack of confidence in Brez.
Team looked considerably weaker without Ince, but again rotation to save energy etc.... accordig to Jones.

Performance.
Defensively - atrocious. If Upson had not made numerous last ditch tackles we would have conceded more.
AEA - Oh dear, as committed as ever, but was lucky to stay on today IMO and he seemed to be easily outpaced and dived in a lot.
Ward - for the first 2 goals shifted to the middle to cover leaving his man wide open.
Bridcutt - don't know if he has been told to drift wide at times, but every time he does we are very weak down the centre. His passing was poor at times as well, but he worked hard.
Bruno - please don't be injured, as Calderon is awful. Calderon run ragged in the second half.
Ulloa - welcome back, great player and defended well. However, it made us slightly more direct, though that could have been the pitch as well (as per opening comment)
Looked stronger when Barnes came on.

Crofts - immense. If Player of Season was now, he'd get my vote.

Reasonable summary.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Poor Ref, Poor pitch!, Lopez didn't play well! And I would always always start the PIG!

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The free kick given that led to charltons 3rd was a very dubious decision by the ref....one of many....unbelievable time wasting at the end by charlton did not seem to warrant anymore action by the ref

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The free kick given that led to charltons 3rd was a very dubious decision by the ref....one of many....unbelievable time wasting at the end by charlton did not seem to warrant anymore action by the ref

Ridiculous how el abd wasn't sent off. Awful ref all round.

How wasnt ulloa goal offside too?!

Feb 14, 2010
Observation I have is that Brighton yet again will have the biggest support in the division they are playing in and yet again the players on the pitch dont match that support.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We got done by their pitch, ****ing awful !
Charlton are shite, if we could've played our football, we'd have beaten them easy

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Crofts was awesome as usual. Andrews did nothing again, and doesn't deserve his place IMO. Barnes should have started. Missed Ince. El Abd put in a good performance, nice to see him getting regular starts with Greer out. Loved Calderon coming on too.

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
Ref had a shit game really, seemed to only give the fouls after their fans got on his back, I think bridcutts head has gone already personally, still think if we got a bit of luck or if we scored when we hit both posts we would have got something from the game, also pitch was poor, but we are going to have to play in similar conditions at Blackpool so hopefully they are a bit more ready for it and will adapt quicker.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
shit pitch, shit ref, shit result

Can't believe how poor the officials were, for both sides they missed so much

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
El Abd put in a good performance, nice to see him getting regular starts with Greer out.

Do what? Weakest player out there today, should have been sent off and was generally all over the place. Poor

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here