Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 win from the bottom six

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When playing against the bottom 6 sides this year out record is won:1 drawn:3 lost:2 so we have dropped 12 points which would leave us at the top of the league (albeit with teams below still to play today)

Are we going in with the wrong mentality or is it wrong tactics?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bad stats but as for today it sounds like the pitch was a leveller.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We do seem to set up the same regardless of opponents, I think when playing gash teams, especially at home we could afford to attack a little more rather than try and play around them, like we would a top side.

D

Deleted member 18477

We should be doing a lot better against the weaker sides. Today's game is a game we should not be losing...

It's a tough league yea but we're 8th... Not 18th!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah how time flies.

It seems like only yesterday we couldn't pick up a point against the top 6.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't get to play the style of football that is expected of us against some sides , we get dragged down a peg or two and pay the penalty.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can't make up my mind whether today it was 0 points gained or 3 points lost.

:down:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Midweek games and bottom of the league teams, these are two huge challenges we need to overcome. Was a similar thing last year. is there a respect/arrogance thing going on here in the minds of some of the players. Every team in this division needs respect and for some to say that we can't lower our game to play lower league teams is crass. I don't know why we make such hard work of these fixtures but it needs to be addressed swiftly.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
On a positive note, we won't be playing any of the bottom 6 in the play-offs should we finish Top 6!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It seems like we need a different set of players when we face the bottom 6. The current squad can't handle it.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I know Oscar would completely disagree but I believe we've got some sort of mentality issue going on when we're playing someone well below us in the table. I also don't think we like early kick offs!! Was so looking forward to yesterday and like lots of you, ended up driving back feeling fed up :(

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It seems that we have the ability to out play anyone but the lower teams who seem content with parking the bus prove too tricky for us to exploit as we don't get players in behind the opposition defenders enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here