L1

Average points per game: 2

Without Ince:

P9
W1
D3
L6

Average points per game: 0.7

Of course stats do not reveal everything but it's quite interesting and it is something which I have noticed throughout the season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I really don't know why Ince was dropped today. A bloody stupid decision by OG in my view and three points thrown away. Play offs? You've gotta be kidding.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's really interesting to see.

Presumably he's being rested because of his age. He may be capable of playing in every game but its probably better in the long run that he gets rested here and there throughout the season. Charlton should really be winnable without having to rely on one 19? 20? year old player in his debut senior season.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That's really interesting to see.

Presumably he's being rested because of his age. He may be capable of playing in every game but its probably better in the long run that he gets rested here and there throughout the season. Charlton should really be winnable without having to rely on one 19? 20? year old player in his debut senior season.

However when you replace him with a player who is weak you double the problem.

That sub was made v Bournemouth away and it massively changed the game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ince was rested today , Crofts was rested on Saturday. Oscar must know who the players are who can play 5 games in a fortnight and those suited to only playing 4.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
5 games in 2 weeks. You just can't put your best team out for all 5 of them, especially the midfielders.

Don't think Andrews, Crofts or Bridcutt played particularly badly today anyways. Certainly can't see how any one player (Ince or whoever) would have made the difference. Just wasn't meant to be today.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
However when you replace him with a player who is weak you double the problem.

That sub was made v Bournemouth away and it massively changed the game.

Well, that's a slightly different issue. Genuine question, is Andrews that weak a player? Going on memory, the general consensus seemed to be that he was doing o.k prior to his injury.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Andrews wasn't why we lost todsy, and nor was it because we dropped ince. We tried to play through the middle on a pitch that resembled a ploughed field and they played down the wings.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Ince was rested for yesterdays game due to the volume of fixtures over Christmas. It was noticeable how much we missed him too. WHAT a player!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Much as I would love to see Ince play all games he does tend to fade after 60 minutes in most games and struggles with a full 90 minutes. I believe this is improving/will improve but at the moment I can understand resting him of the busy festive period, the worrying thing is that we are now dependant on a youngster coming through rather than established midfielders who seem to fail producing any level of consistency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here