Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley in ??

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Had a very poor game on saturday,doesnt deserve to keep shirt and if he is not fit then so what, shouldnt be playing.Better off giving a youngster a chance!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Perfect thread to make him have a great game - played mate :lolol: To be fair I wouldn't say he was poor just looked rusty and not properly fit to me. :shrug:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Perfect thread to make him have a great game - played mate :lolol: To be fair I wouldn't say he was poor just looked rusty and not properly fit to me. :shrug:

Yeah, i suppose he will read NSC before kick off ?? Was piss poor on Saturday fit or not!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, i suppose he will read NSC before kick off ?? Was piss poor on Saturday fit or not!!

I believe it was more a case of frequently people start negative threads about players only for them then to have good game, not that Buckley will read it, just one of those egg on face things dictated by fate.

But I would also add, you don't drop someone who has done well enough in previous games because he has one bad game. Every player will have a bad game, it happens. Dropping them because of it will often do more harm than good, and there's the likelihood that after a particularly poor game, a player will want to make amends for it in the next one.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I believe it was more a case of frequently people start negative threads about players only for them then to have good game, not that Buckley will read it, just one of those egg on face things dictated by fate.

But I would also add, you don't drop someone who has done well enough in previous games because he has one bad game. Every player will have a bad game, it happens. Dropping them because of it will often do more harm than good, and there's the likelihood that after a particularly poor game, a player will want to make amends for it in the next one.

Sometimes you can drop a player after a poor game and it works, like two minutes ago when Ulloa scored... ;)

Buckley made the goal though! :D

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Well he is doing well thus far!! If Buckley gets back on form and becomes consistent, we'll finish in the top 4 easily!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
He has had more than 1 bad game this season. Assist for Ulloa goal, so hero again!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well he is doing well thus far!! If Buckley gets back on form and becomes consistent, we'll finish in the top 4 easily!

I do often dribble at the thought of LuaLua & Buckley steaming down the wings with Ulloa in the middle, just like Palace in the league game last season (and also should have been the case in the play off game but for some Uruguayan buffoon).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I do often dribble at the thought of LuaLua & Buckley steaming down the wings with Ulloa in the middle, just like Palace in the league game last season (and also should have been the case in the play off game but for some Uruguayan buffoon).

Agree! With Ince and Bridcutt holding midfield, and a creative player (Orlandi / Lopez / Kemy) player just behind Ulloa.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Had a very poor game on saturday,doesnt deserve to keep shirt and if he is not fit then so what, shouldnt be playing.Better off giving a youngster a chance!

I'd rather see Solly March given a go. Buckley's form is woeful at the moment.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Makes a lot of runs down the channel and then the ball gets squared too often.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the commentary it sounded like he had a good game to me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree he has looked poor recently. However, I think that given the number of poor performances from David without being dropped because Oscar saw something we didn't, he should probably get a run to get confidence back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still not back to the lightning pace he used to have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree he has looked poor recently. However, I think that given the number of poor performances from David without being dropped because Oscar saw something we didn't, he should probably get a run to get confidence back.
We all knew SD had his Barnsley performance (I don't think he was too shabby v H'field either), it was just a case of 'when', and a shame it took so long.

Much the same applies to Buckley, this is the player that ripped Bolton a new one, and needs to be given the chance to get his form back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would say he's been poor for all 2013. Lacks effort, direction (apart from running at the corner flag) and pace. He currently makes Harley look the complete player. Got to be Wilkins love child. Powder puff sicknote unfortunately.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd rather see Solly March given a go. Buckley's form is woeful at the moment.[/QUOTE

I am sure that given the choice you would play the entire youth team because they are all better than the first teamers.

When did I say that? Playing Ince has hardly been a mistake this season as even you will now surely admit, and I see a lot to be gained by blooding March as well. He could hardly play any worse than Buckley has of late, who has done nothing this season to justify his £1M price tag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here