Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is tomorrow's game a 12.30 kick off?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Anyone know?

it was originally so that those wishing to take in Peacehaven v Eastbourne (3pm ko) could take in both matches, it was assumed as both 'stadia' are on the Meridian Line there would be sufficient time, although it was later discovered the Meridian Line is not part of the London Underground network but by then it was too late to change the kick off back to its original time

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought it was intended primarily to piss off fans as the footballing equivalent of the joke in a christmas cracker

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Because it's not a 3pm kick off

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Is it because West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Brentford and Wimbledon are at home, and they needed to separate it out a bit so there wasn't so much congestion on the travel network?

Or they thought Sky was picking up the game?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
it was originally so that those wishing to take in Peacehaven v Eastbourne (3pm ko) could take in both matches, it was assumed as both 'stadia' are on the Meridian Line there would be sufficient time, although it was later discovered the Meridian Line is not part of the London Underground network but by then it was too late to change the kick off back to its original time

I find it weird whenever I see Peacehaven playing, knowing that I've refereed and played on that pitch!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Is it because West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Brentford and Wimbledon are at home, and they needed to separate it out a bit so there wasn't so much congestion on the travel network?

None of that lot are remotely near Charlton to cause 'issues'. Lunchtime kick offs are crap - Especially when they are away.

Worst ever stitch up for a lunchtime kick off was several years back when Sunderland had to play Palace away - On New Years Day!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So the rozzers can catch us all with high blood alcohol levels on the a23 in the morning presumably. Bloody stupid idea. Evening would've been ok.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Because this fixture is always very tasty, usually it's just one big tear up so the rozzers didn't want us to spend all day drinking before going to the game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Because the club asked for it to be moved.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Zombie apocalypse, innit.

D

Deleted User X18H

In 1947 Arthur Askey said live on the radio that the 2013 Boxing Day match between Charlton Athlectic and Brighton & Hove Albion must kick off at 12:30pm. In 1975 when the League were based in Lytham St Anne's someone found out about the broadcast and programmed all FL computers to arrange the fixture for that time.

There is nothing anyone can do about it. Before the match today special guest Caroline Ahern will say " ooh Arthur " into a microphone .

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
So the rozzers can catch us all with high blood alcohol levels on the a23 in the morning presumably. Bloody stupid idea. Evening would've been ok.

Yeah, because that would all be their fault, wouldn't it? Bloody stupid idea...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here