Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day pubs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Evening all. I will be in need of a post-Charlton beer tomorrow. Craft Beer Co are having a well deserved break from educating your taste buds so does anyone know a suitable craft substitute? Is The Southover open?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ps Brighton pubs :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to be thirsty in a few hours guys. Can anyone help?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Open House is usually open boxing day but no idea what the beer is like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Cow on Dyke Road does good ale and craft beer. I'm not too keen on it myself, it's a got a bit of a middle class creche feel to it. 5 minutes walk from the train station.
The Evening Star is open but I seem to remember you aren't too keen HT.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
The Wick was open when I walked past, usually have varied selection and last time I was there they had BrewDog.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Cow on Dyke Road does good ale and craft beer. I'm not too keen on it myself, it's a got a bit of a middle class creche feel to it. 5 minutes walk from the train station.

Is The Evening Star definitely open? I emailed them last week and they said they were closed on Boxing Day. Might try The Albert, The Star then The Cow and keep my fingers crossed one is open.

Ps I don't mind The Evening Star but it's not my favorite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Wick was open when I walked past, usually have varied selection and last time I was there they had BrewDog.

Thanks. I will keep this mind if my central options don't work out or the lure of Brewdog is too much.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Star was shut. Enjoying a Meantime Yakima Red in The Cow. Cheers.

See what you mean about the middle class crèche feel. There are only two other groups in here and both have toddlers with them. I cannot help but feel if the pub clientele were less well-heeled people would frown upon the parents.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Star was shut. Enjoying a Meantime Yakima Red in The Cow. Cheers.

See what you mean about the middle class crèche feel. There are only two other groups in here and both have toddlers with them. I cannot help but feel if the pub clientele were less well-heeled people would frown upon the parents.

Apologies on the duff info RE the Star.

What time do you intend on leaving? I might be in there myself soon ish would be nice to put a face to the pseudonym...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What time do you intend on leaving? I might be in there myself soon ish would be nice to put a face to the pseudonym...

No problem. Sadly I shall be leaving very soon as they have just locked the door and started closing down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But, if you are over in Kemp Town later drop me a PM. I am meeting fellow NSCer and music fan Pogue Mahone for a few beers and a natter.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Cowley Club is open.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here