Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Test build up, KP being magnanimous

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He's due a big score. I think if England manage to win the toss for a change and bat first, he could have an opportunity to make a 'daddy hundred'. Pity the series has already gone though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Came across quite humble and supportive go Swanny. Not what you'd expect given his usual portrayal in the media.

Yes, I thought he came over very well, I'm willing to forgive him for previous indiscretions.. at least until he chips another one to short Midwicket

larus

There's also no such thing as a 'dead' test match IMO. Ok, we've lost the ashes, but if we can get it together for these last 2 test matches with a slight tweak to the team, then we can gain something from theses games.

i badly want us to knock some of the cockiness out of these Aussies. F*** all this whinging pom shit; they're worse losers than we are IMO. I want to see Warmer squirm (Clarke seems on balance a decent guy), angled Johnson I can't stand either. I'd love KP to really click I these last 2 tests, and Cook rediscover his form.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There's also no such thing as a 'dead' test match IMO. Ok, we've lost the ashes, but if we can get it together for these last 2 test matches with a slight tweak to the team, then we can gain something from theses games.

i badly want us to knock some of the cockiness out of these Aussies. F*** all this whinging pom shit; they're worse losers than we are IMO. I want to see Warmer squirm (Clarke seems on balance a decent guy), angled Johnson I can't stand either. I'd love KP to really click I these last 2 tests, and Cook rediscover his form.

yes, the Aussies are not as good as they think, we have failed to push home any advantage. It's difficult to turn a ship though, I would like to stuff them in at least one Test though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Prior dropped for Bairstow
Aussies win the toss, again, and put us in

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Prior dropped for Bairstow
Aussies win the toss, again, and put us in
No qualms about Prior being dropped, he can come again. Sad we have lost yet another toss but thats luck.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bairstow is not a test class wicket keeper

Were loose

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No qualms about Prior being dropped, he can come again. Sad we have lost yet another toss but thats luck.
Yup, it's been a dreadful series for us, even the odds of getting 4 tosses in a row(now now lads...) have gone against us. Prior deserved to be dropped IMO, Sussex lad but be can have no complaints.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who would have thought before the series started that come the 4th Test Trott, Swann and Prior would all be missing and none of them due to injury.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We have survived the first ball !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm crossing my fingers as I type this but Alistair Cook looks like a man on a mission, some lovely timing but Carberry has to score too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cook 17 off 20 balls, Carbs yet to put a run on the board

Edit 1 run from 11

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cranberry was almost stuffed there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here