Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham appoint Alan Curbishley as first team technical director

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alan Curbishley has joined Fulham as first team technical director.

The ex-West Ham and Charlton manager, 56, will work alongside Craven Cottage boss Rene Meulensteen as The Cottagers battle to beat the drop.

Both men will report to the club's chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

Meulensteen said: "I'm very happy that Alan has joined us as I know his expertise will be invaluable as we enter the remaining months of the season.

"Following Martin [Jol's] departure I discussed with both Alistair Mackintosh and the chairman the challenges we face, and I was delighted that they supported the idea of additional support within the coaching team.

"Alan has a proven track record in the industry and understands full well what it takes to succeed.

"I look forward to sharing ideas and listening to advice, to ensure Fulham Football Club remains where it belongs: in the Premier League."

Curbishley has been out of football since leaving the Hammers in September 2008

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-appoint-alan-curbishley-first-2958450

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see him back in work.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presumably that means Curbishley will do the mundane ' paper work' of the manager and that leaves Meulensteen to concentrate on the coaching and playing aspect of the battle for survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here