Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applause for away fans

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Many have travelled a long way, good of them to make it.

It's the decent thing to do, i.e. effectively saying "thanks for coming".

Obviously we don't extend the same pleasantries towards certain teams :D

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Many have travelled a long way, good of them to make it.

It's the decent thing to do, i.e. effectively saying "thanks for coming".

Obviously we don't extend the same pleasantries towards certain teams :D

I travelled further than them on Sat but nobody clapped me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We? Who is this we?

Boooooooooo

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Wasn't a great turn out from the Hudds faithful this week anyway. Crap weather and a few days before Christmas isn't an acceptable excuse is it? Loads around me applauded them but I didn't. No reason other than, why should I?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The polite applause for the away fans has been replaced by jeers and boos , how it should be.

lenny

Jul 19, 2005
BEXHILL-ON-SEA
I haven't been to many away games recently but when the attendance figure is announced for the away fans do the home supporters applaud

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why do people start a thread on this subject? You can clap if you wish or not if you don't want to. Simple really.

Personally, I think it is good to show some respect for fans who have travelled a long way to watch their team loose! (So I would only applaud them if we were winning :))

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Clap if you want - nothing wrong with a bit of respect if it makes you feel better. Or would you rather we all piled round to the south stand for a pwopa nawty ruck?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wasn't a great turn out from the Hudds faithful this week anyway. Crap weather and a few days before Christmas isn't an acceptable excuse is it? Loads around me applauded them but I didn't. No reason other than, why should I?

Surely the worse the turnout is, the more the ones that ARE there deserve recognition?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The overall attendance is clapped to celebrate ourselves for making the effort, and then the away contingent is applauded for making the effort. I do hear some boos, mainly from the north, unless we're losing then it's louder and from more of the ground, which seems more petty to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here