Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any awards left for us to win?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Best stadium
Best pies
Best community programme
Best CEO
Current manager of the month

and now, best programme....

What else is there for us to win in the awards game?

Of course, this many "best" things should be expected to sum to "promotion"! It would be pretty pointless if you were judged to be the best at all the component parts but that "best-ness" didn't translate to promotion.

Here's to all these good things translating to the only one that really truly matters....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Best stadium
Best pies
Best community programme
Best CEO
Current manager of the month

and now, best programme....

What else is there for us to win in the awards game?

Of course, this many "best" things should be expected to sum to "promotion"! It would be pretty pointless if you were judged to be the best at all the component parts but that "best-ness" didn't translate to promotion.

Here's to all these good things translating to the only one that really truly matters....

100% correct. Whilst it's all very nice to win these 'awards', the only real 'award' worth winning in promotion to the Premier League. All rather pointless otherwise!.

Everyone at the club, our 'award' winning CEO in particular tells us that everything is now geared up for promotion, well that isn't quite everything, because the only people that can really get us there, the team, haven't quite managed it yet!

Every one at the club, our 'award' winniing CEOer League. All rather pointless otherwise!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
100% correct. Whilst it's all very nice to win these 'awards', the only real 'award' worth winning in promotion to the Premier League. All rather pointless otherwise!.

Everyone at the club, our 'award' winning CEO in particular tells us that everything is now geared up for promotion, well that isn't quite everything, because the only people that can really get us there, the team, haven't quite managed it yet!

Every one at the club, our 'award' winniing CEOer League. All rather pointless otherwise!

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Traditionally, the way to get promoted is to throw all the money at the team, get promoted and then try to figure out the infrastructure (stadium and training facilities particularly). We're doing it the other way around - get the infrastructure, processes and backroom staff in place first so that when (if?) we're promoted we should have a much better chance to stay up. This latter approach is the way that most businesses would do it, but not football clubs.

That's not to say that we haven't invested in the team - we clearly have. Just not to the same degree as others have.

My own view is that it may take us a season or two (or even three) longer to get promoted, but that when we do, we'll have a much, much better chance of staying up. I think that's the right way to do it, but no doubt others will think that the "let's get up and then worry about what happens next" approach is better.

As I say - interesting.

What I think is unequivocal is that the definitions of "best" for the awards we have won will need to be rewritten in the event we don't go up in the next three seasons. How can we be "best" at so much and not go up? Personally, I think we will go up in that time frame...but we'll see....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't Calde win:-

Best bloke

or something like that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Best ticketing system
Best online commentary and extended highlights subscription service
Best website
Best number visibility on home shirts

Didn't Calde win:-

Best bloke

or something like that.

Community Player of the Year or something, plus being named in the Independent list of the UK's happiest people. I think "Best Bloke" is nicer, from various accounts I have seen on this Board he has earned/deserved it. He did give us a nice smile when we got his autograph last Sunday at the Xmas party.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Community Player of the Year or something, plus being named in the Independent list of the UK's happiest people. I think "Best Bloke" is nicer, from various accounts I have seen on this Board he has earned/deserved it. He did give us a nice smile when we got his autograph last Sunday at the Xmas party.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one.

That was quality.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Best ticketing system
Best online commentary and extended highlights subscription service
Best website
Best number visibility on home shirts

Ha

Ha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with that.