Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike as new sponser?

dandanutta

Mar 21, 2012
Dont know if its old news but someone told me yesterday that this will happen for next season.
Happy Christmas

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Sponsor or kit manufacturer? Didn't we recently sign a long term deal with American Express as sponsors?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The official announcement is due imminently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Were Amex that stupid that they only had a one year deal on the kit? I somehow doubt it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Were Amex that stupid that they only had a one year deal on the kit? I somehow doubt it.

The club was tied into a shirt deal with Errea which runs out at the end of the season. American Express are still the shirt sponsors , all that changes is the manufacturer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would rather not have anything to do with the international moneygrabbers. Plus I'd rather not have anything to do with the famous Nike Curse, see Tiger Woods,that 'oirish golfer, Lance Armstrong and Oscar Pretorious etc etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nike are an awful company

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nike are an awful company

I think Paul Barber is more interested in the sponsorship money it brings into the club in the quest to fall within FFP guidelines.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Paul Barber is more interested in the sponsorship money it brings into the club in the quest to fall within FFP guidelines.

He may well be but Nike are a sick joke of a company that are well known at exploiting sweatshop labour to the maximum effect.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He may well be but Nike are a sick joke of a company that are well known at exploiting sweatshop labour to the maximum effect.

I agree 100%. If this happens, I have a feeling my passion to collect Albion shirts will come to an end. At best I shall wait until the shirts are out of date in a couple of years, and selling on eBay for a fiver before I go anywhere near them, at worst, there will be a gap in my collection. It will mark an end of something I've enjoyed for many years, with around 200 Albion shirts in my collection, it's going to be strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here